• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updates on 2021 builds

Hi all, long time listener and recent contributor here. I have a thermal orange with indigo interior NSX on order from early Nov. for March build (order confirmed earlier this month). I’m number 10th in line for March builds (domestic only) no clue in international. Wondering if anyone else has heard any updates on their Q12021 builds. I heard PMC did not build any NSX in Jan. Wondering if they built any RDC or MDX during this time.

Last edited:
They've been/still building PMC RDXs.

They're into June build slots at this point.
[MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION], thanks for sharing. That’s very interesting. Do you know if NSX builds will start back up in Feb and why none were built in Jan.?

If it helps many Detroit factories were closed in January because of the worldwide chip shortage as well as worker covid isues...but they are opening up Monday...

If it helps many Detroit factories were closed in January because of the worldwide chip shortage as well as worker covid isues...but they are opening up Monday...

Hey [MENTION=4536]DOC[/MENTION]jon, true that could have been a driver in Jan and could have a sizable impact in the near term. I checked with Acura, and it’s not totally clear what impact the chip shortage will have on the NSX, so far I’m hearing only the RDX might be affected.

Also I hear they are building ~17 cars per month, but not sure how the delays from Jan will waterfall production for Feb., Mar. and beyond.

Chips are definitely impacting the industry. We are feeling it. Some engines in some of our model will not be available due to world wide shortage.

BUMP - when will PMC start building 2021? Are they planning to hold their orders until June? If so, anyone thinking about waiting until Fall to see what 2022 changes may be?

She’s almost done and on her way to her new home in New England!!! I also have a video of the dyno, which I can’t figure out how to share. I’m super excited and to be honest I love the red calipers with the orange.

IMG_2233.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! The red calipers with an orange NSX will be unique for sure--I suspect most people who ordered colored calipers went with the matching orange.

New toy for spring time driving

You are the first to mention receiving a dyno video, please share if possible

We got a dyno video from our NSX Insider Experience; my wife got to sit in the passenger seat for it; let me see if I can get a link to work...

Congratulations! The red calipers with an orange NSX will be unique for sure--I suspect most people who ordered colored calipers went with the matching orange.

Thanks! Can’t wait for the car to arrive. Looking forward to the first drive.

Stunning!

CP - did you had to ask for these pictures from you dealership or did they just provide?

Hey Sbkim, I asked the NE district sales manager to share photos and videos of my car since I couldn’t partake in the NSX Insider Experience due to covid. He was happy to support.

neat dyno vid...

[MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION], just like with the NSX itself, Acura spared no expense in the design and build of the PMC.

Back