• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

USA Today Article

Just got to work today and read the article in the USA Today about the end of the NSX's production, which is being discussed in this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53936

This article in the USA Today doesn't really provide any more information, but does include a quote from my wifey, TucAZNSX (Heather Woodall) so I thought it would be cool for all to check out. :smile: Thankfully her comments didn't embarrass the family name too much. :biggrin: I think it was a nice of the reporter to track down an owner for a comment on the original NSX. Here is the link: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2005-07-12-nsx-usat_x.htm

I found that article in USA Today terribly negative. They barely mention that a decision has been made to proceed with a new model. The entire article seems to be picking faults with the NSX. Not that it doesn't deserve some of the criticism, but there is no balance or mention of all its good qualities, of which there are plenty. The only positive statement about the car is by Heather (and she deserves
icon14.gif
for that).

That's wild. The first I ever heard of a Honda supercar was in a 1989 USAToday article. They may create a new supercar, but I don't think it can ever be as groundbreaking relative to today's cars as the NSX was compared to 1990 cars.

I prefer the AP!

nsxtasy said:
I found that article in USA Today terribly negative. They barely mention that a decision has been made to proceed with a new model. The entire article seems to be picking faults with the NSX.

hmmm... I anticipated the article to be very critical (ala' Jeremy Clarkson, Corvette forums, Ferrari-poseurs) based on Ken's comment above. Personally, I didn't find it particularly negative, but rather cliche'ish and ignorant. To the casual bystander & non-enthusiasist (namely press credentials, lol), numbers are what seem to be perceived as by many to be the driving force behind a car's reputation, standing, and possibly even success. I assume they ('brains' behind the madness, namely the journalists who composed the article) assume 240hp in an Accord, 270hp in a TL, 300hp in a RL are all therefore on a level playing field w/ the NSX... :rolleyes:

The comment about the Insight & Odyssey sharing alot of the technological prowess of a NSX, well duhhh it's a 15-16yr old platform and the very purpose of a "halo" car of a marque is to showcase the company's advancements and technology leading to a trickle-down effect to other models lower in it's range (ie. use of newer alloys, aluminum suspension components, etc).

Regarding the comparison w/ Evo's & Sti's, well then it just becomes a ludicrous and tangential argument, err- I mean article. I don't see 996/997 Carrera, 355F1/360F1, and SL/CL owners jumpin' off bridges... :biggrin:

On paper, calculator, and real-life performance... the NSX is among the best, if not THE best car purchases one can ever make. [Trying to draft a thread to explain this further!]

Seriously, the only people who understand the NSX... own one! :cool:

nsxtasy said:
I found that article in USA Today terribly negative. They barely mention that a decision has been made to proceed with a new model. The entire article seems to be picking faults with the NSX. Not that it doesn't deserve some of the criticism, but there is no balance or mention of all its good qualities, of which there are plenty. The only positive statement about the car is by Heather (and she deserves
icon14.gif
for that).
i didn't feel the article was negative at all, more or less a high altitude perspective on a very unique car. but... it *is* USATODAY, so frankly, i'm surprised it ran anything at all. nice quotes from heather, too.

Back