• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

V-kool window tint?

Hey all,
I'm soon going to be tinting the windows of my 97-T. I have spoken to some friends about doing all I can to cut down on the blazing summer sun here in Arizona. I have been told that some people are now tinting their front windshields. (The whole thing not just the top band). They are using a tint that is very light and blocks UV and heat, but very little visible light. Anyone have any experience in this area? I know it is against the law... The tint they use allows 70% of light to pass, and other than a slightly unusual reflection off the front glass you supposedly can't tell it's there.

Anyone in the SW ever seen this stuff in person? I'm seriously considering it...

-Shawn

I've had different cars with "full face" tint using dark smoke(5-25%), medium smoke(35%), and light smoke(35-50%).

The tint will look darker depending on the tint you get for the doors and rear window. I currently have light smoke(35%) on my accord including the front windshield(full face) and it looks like I have medium smoke.

Different companies make tint, and the percentage of UV protection varies between them as well as how the tint looks on a window.

For example, some medium smoke tints have a gray color to them, while others have either a brown or blue color to them. I personally like the blue color, but if there's no blue then I'd get the gray/nuetral color. The right looking tint is as important to me as my car, that's why I let the shop tint the car with both medium and light smoke on each side so I can chose the one that looks the best on the car.

Sorry I got off topic
smile.gif

Full face light smoke should be ok.

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Originally posted by NSXlent in az:
I have been told that some people are now tinting their front windshields.

Is this an issue for law enforcement in Arizona, or are they more lenient there due to the climate? (I'm sure you're aware that it's considered a big no-no in many other jurisdictions.)

Originally posted by NSXlent in az:
Hey all,
I'm soon going to be tinting the windows of my 97-T. I have spoken to some friends about doing all I can to cut down on the blazing summer sun here in Arizona. I have been told that some people are now tinting their front windshields. (The whole thing not just the top band). They are using a tint that is very light and blocks UV and heat, but very little visible light. Anyone have any experience in this area? I know it is against the law... The tint they use allows 70% of light to pass, and other than a slightly unusual reflection off the front glass you supposedly can't tell it's there.

Anyone in the SW ever seen this stuff in person? I'm seriously considering it...

-Shawn

My coworker has his front windows (not the windshield) tinted with VERY clear film. I didn't even know it was there until he showed me closely. He said it makes a big difference in interior temperature. YMMV.

Back