• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valentine Radar: can you only purchase from the company?

I recently purchased a Silver 1991 NSX and I figure that a Valentine One is a must. My question is can you purchase this detector from any other wholsaler etc. or must you purchase frome Valentine.

Thanks in advance.
Trey

Just bought one this week. It arrived friday and i used it on the drive to Houston and back. It saved me 3 times.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I finally broke down and ordered the Valentine1. I just got it yesturday and I was field testing it last night. It seems to be really sensitive(by design), but I'm wondering what modes to use. There's 3 different modes: AllBogey, Logic, Advanced Logic.

For those experienced with using Valentine1, what modes do you run and what scenerios I should switch modes.

You have made the most important purchase/modification for your NSX with the V-1 IMHO. I use the logic mode (small 'L') all the time. I never use the "Bogey" mode as it picks up everything. I rarely use the Advanced mode (upper case 'L') unless I'm in a city. As a matter of fact, my V-1 saved me when coming home from work this afternoon which surely would have been an expensive ticket otherwise.

I use the Advanced Logic mode(L). Since most of my driving is city. When i am on the highway away from the city, i change it to logic(l). I too, don't use all bodey mode.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Back