• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valve cover gaskets and timing belt question

Did you search using the 14400 part number? If so, that definitely comes up with the no shipping to Canada message. If you search for North American specific parts you will get different messages from Amayama which all have the same result - can't be supplied. I discovered this when I ordered the replacement coolant hoses for my car. Amayama had most of them except the four up front that are specific to the LHD cars. I had to order those from Delray. If you enter the non North American
06141-PR7-315 part number (which appears to be the updated version of 06141-PR7-305) you will get a hit for the timing belt kit on Amayama.

Interesting detail. I ordered the bulk of the hoses, a new water pump and some other bits from Amayama and the big box of parts arrived about 2 weeks ago. I ordered a small box of the 4 hoses from Delray at the same time and they just arrived yesterday. The shipping costs for the big box from Amayama was slightly less than the small box from Delray. Both packages were tracked and insured and came through the postal system. It has been my general experience that for whatever reason the order turn around time from Amayama is very fast. That might be because the US discount vendors don't stock the part so they have to order from Honda and then repack to ship to me.
<strike></strike>

I'm not quite sure what I looked up on their site. Could have been for a headlight that I am looking around for, that undoubtedly is different for the two markets.

Ah, that makes sense now, there is a Japanese Calendar based on the Emperor reigns. Makes calculating long-range dates a real challenge I should think.

Great, I've got a 12-year-old TB on my car. But apparently it is JP custom is to replace on mileage (km's?) and not on time? But I'm from North America so I'm way overdue...

Kaz, it appears that you have put "Reiwa 2" on your example TB sticker. I hope the new guy lasts longer than a TB replacement interval, long live the Emperor!

I'm torn on informing [MENTION=35590]Big McLargeHuge[/MENTION] about his TB sticker that now indicates his new TB is 12 years old too?

I'm torn on informing @Big McLargeHuge about his TB sticker that now indicates his new TB is 12 years old too?

I almost hate you for this , but I should've thought about the Heisei numbering since I had to learn it for JP auction reports :biggrin:. Hopefully my build post/pics are enough evidence for any potential future owners. Is there a separate part # for this sticker :redface:?

Also, +1 for Amayama. Their packaging skills alone are great, versus a Rockauto package I just got with a 50lb CV axle jackhammering a 2oz PCV valve inside the box. Not sure how good Amayama's shipping speed will be with Japan Post/EMS to the US stopped, maybe DHL or some other courier is still going, it usually took ~1-1.5 weeks for me with EMS and large packages before.

JP TB sticker: 06142-p01-305 US$1.40 Used on what appears to be the entire Honda lineup.

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/06142p01305

I bought several because this type of documentation is valuable and is more authentic. I probably won't use the Japanese Calendar, just too confusing.

the downside of making the sticker available separately is that less than honest folks can fudge the replacement evidence. Honda really needs to date code the timing belt.

Also, +1 for Amayama. Their packaging skills alone are great, versus a Rockauto package I just got with a 50lb CV axle jackhammering a 2oz PCV valve inside the box. Not sure how good Amayama's shipping speed will be with Japan Post/EMS to the US stopped, maybe DHL or some other courier is still going, it usually took ~1-1.5 weeks for me with EMS and large packages before.

Its interesting that Canada is not listed on the April 24 suspension list update from Japan Post. I just placed an order for some parts 3 days ago and they did not flag any delivery issues. I guess we will find out in about 10 days. Having confirmed that its the same as the North American TB I was going to order the 06141-PR7_315 timing belt from them; however, maybe I will wait until the latest order arrives (or doesn't). It may move my whole maintenance plan into next year territory - aligns with my natural tendency to procrastinate.

Last edited:
The Mahle valve cover gasket set that I ordered from RockAuto arrived today. Mahle part number on the package; but, a Victor Reinz label on the package. Just for good measure the package also had a Made if Japan label. So, no EU recycled material requirements. What are the chances it came off the same assembly line as the parts in an OEM Honda bag? I can't see Mahle / VR making a custom mold to make a seal that probably sells less than 100 sets per year.

>What are the chances it came off the same assembly line as the parts in an OEM Honda bag?

Immeasurably close to 100%, that it makes no odds against OEM.

The timing belt is ONLY used on the NSX C3x engine, I suspect the odds of a non-OEM supplier is so close to 0% that it would make Planck's Constant look very small in comparison.

The timing belt is ONLY used on the NSX C3x engine, I suspect the odds of a non-OEM supplier is so close to 0% that it would make Planck's Constant look very small in comparison.

I would have been OK with Avogadro's number ^-1; but, smaller than Planck's constant works even better.

Last edited:
I clicked on Amayama yesterday and it came up that they wouldn't ship to Canada. Nothing wrong in saving a few bucks for sure, but I would probably not gamble with a non OEM belt.

On mobile, I got the same message of service being suspended to Canada but on my desktop it just said delayed. I made an order last Thursday & I just got the shipping confirmation a few minutes ago.

Old Guy i posted they were identical to the gaskets i got from Acura , I used them no problems

20 years here Ralph and I agree. My "Centric" aftermarket clutch master cylinder has the Nissin casting on it. I always pictured a conveyor belt with a Y where one belt dumps the part into a Honda bag and the other belt drops it into an aftermarket bag.

And I'm the doofus who keeps ordering/using only OEM Honda/Acura parts (generally from oemacuraparts.com) - under the dual logic that (1) guaranteed to get OEM quality with zero effort/thought and (2) it sends a signal to Honda that these parts are still in demand which may help them decide to continue sourcing them. Obvious exception being where aftermarket guys like SOS have built a superior product or they they take the guesswork out of fitment/ordering (2002+ ABS upgrade, LMA upgrade, etc).

Last edited:
No your not a dufus , I always order from Tim (great guy and very reliable ) . i have a basement full of parts but some times you need some thing now . I have a supplier that I've' used for 40 years , he had a set of v/c gaskets , if they looked like garbage i would throw them out but they where fine . Last year my wife came home from a store with a garden hose so she could water her plants , POS crimp fittings leaked ,I cut it up and threw it out , got one from my friends hardware store (cost 4x as much ) no leaks , end of bs.

So …. the North American TB is
14400-PR7-A01 and the non North American TB is
06141-PR7-305 (or the later 315), does the fact that the basic part number is different imply that the part is different? The cam pulleys on the JDM and NA cars have the same part numbers so I had assumed there would be one belt for all C30 and C32 engines.

Maybe the 06141 is a real Unitta belt and the 14400 is as listed on the Acura parts listing a Unit Ta knock-off?

Belt, Timing (Unit Ta) - Acura (14400-PR7-A01)

I am a little bit like Drew. Its not so much that I want to save $50 (or more like $150 Cdn in the case of the Gates vs
14400-PR7-A01). Its more that I would like to know that I am actually getting something for that additional $150.

I was wondering too and I couldn't tell by the photos in an earlier post between the Japanese packaging and NA packaging. I ordered the Japanese part anyway. Turns out it's the same part number as the US part on the actual belt, as it's the same belt from Unitta. Suspect the different part number is due to the Japanese reminder sticker (which has its own p/n and costs roughly $1.50, as listed in an earlier post). So for fellow Canadians, cheaper and faster to order from Amayama than Cdn or US dealers, even during COVID. <body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: -3.05176e-05px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">FYI, if you order the Japanese timing belt with the different part number, it's the same part number as the US part as it's the same belt from Unitta. Suspect the different part number is due to the Japanese reminder sticker (which has its own p/n and costs roughly $1.50)</body>

oOapgZT0ZaHapXGfIR8f9CIp_kys8OqLY0Yxzbtamkcqc18ueqaAz7VyElRh2g14Q9bdpBieGECDKvrqu-R6s2CnNAyD_Sh29EpPx_L78sqnduToFhD2PQ2ciaVKsZ9o9Yt5CUqtGVpqqshrlxjrGyBt3f93tN1Lg6XDFxEgPtKO_bjvwlhnu18BdIeiJF9qX7ZWbRgeB37rTZNqEej--dSdPwn9_F8QfFDI85R2UEvSoi8TMlaRb2U2EKQzhKaVT0Zx8FlZdLE0uZsOinTwjEAmSEFt2VVPqj-r3d8wMO_MRWuY4iaE7TabK8IFhIhpNDQW35-hcGH0KAiG-Lo3a6jF5HGnETVMKlPEcdSGDfy7eoXzDEm0HolZUM2ljpIufJcZFgObopdnNgMRQ7S3M7woGbNShjjK1HxAzoOFUJIA6Z1fU2pBYWLGJv55W1Q9CZA2wLdnfcz68rFob-17fP_-ZvFdPSmTy2VHyBk4vC42J0V4D9VAu_IaU87F6PMGwRH9S3QRvSs_ErPHGyGotH9-sV2nsXnnIbsgwV61rkbY-pHpHcj6qZ40pJLAjcdY4dGB6QAmtImBxNMAndwzGSpcJOokc9GQUaojbSsjx3wAEcoMBX_LWfgPD9CeKIo-TwRXj_RZQ210IrR-ozpXxcqXwfOtC-NRKmu_zdwyNc7QCyn5B7GpcUW1HFMqYuu37faPGAJ3iNYuTfIDHDAW1MGOZoMyQKG2CTFYy4K9IzxKpnHZsu_-tQly=w1080-h810-no

GDavh9TBha-UjXbvKxYL1a2kBlup9Amqtz1xQcHXN1BgPFCxWOk93NweUvSYB1gptN-yQEjqpGpG6QKpF4QNhezl4BzmG_1ft167jKef0WTZ1zBxkDcNnQxT5Xxno0IxEWHw0D-K8g5VMioihskuVHjhyBO9K4P5cLVeo5OVMTtnBiGneqJ_opzeYXQSozGTOmU0d4mZwR1HF6YdkTElhGUcMpI8oOQ5c9J09kl3olVFWgeqF7caGmtv0Vm6zyvNUI3n-2LhEwrfxLacgWnqWbit2ZP-S0nCzlrsMmIV6pz9D0WZpW6VowmcI1B5HHVm41Ry0rpD2GbgnXr9UQozKtY7Yz8Ow4YMFSWBc-6AfMvIUHswPrOOaPPy9ygPpbLVGC2fykcXH85zF22ktB2YiOLyn6hQuGYkBd8WLzD4i24JwwBXAkM7SqBgNb_vz4pTJjjqBsKbaydKsJoxy6xaLg1kIE9Aa-m4-i-_fEqA1vrMl6PBqxy7Ij_APiBjPHHn5zq3YoAkmY4TCC12AqKeX9Ac_fx-2yJtME2B3NXtn2hw0taUd0Ej6c8M4lFg1Qlfukj84sBLmrRXRYZZQw_xn1LYccieJyEgF1Z86YlKD_scV7gY5b7uJQk7PxBhA-I4kZz6MkDYTfWiexlFc9-pRabif1cYmo3yqCMTAMUDhZCuX71F8xe48l42uhCIgrs2rzX6fwty_NI-5ZgqKSTl2bSV2NxHA5rD9gNaZQeBkYsC96Gc1NWeJS8=w800-h600-no

rWDoSulzWdKMzD6w9RFbuT7scygtLqhB4Wg1xdlJn-oNZxLjDX-5j0niQAuX_g3GunjpyCcl8JlH8UifrOyffBHsUG5oj9WelWVLmo5CXDtVDZ6fY4r4fLLLu7PwLcYmYLA2DvtPgR_6Vtr4gC2NmgixkHv8pJuXYpIObspGARhMNgw8h9EbbfXu7UyTp_oAUES7iYllCYPGrLHKBnoi888miwHXvCZO7UytWk5ZiL55VzkxgpPbQO4bOY9eS1PtOyyQy43pXQmyvjVvD9ZzoNgqxNHRwmo5c2YISinriEy9IB4FQqOe7CIqWR522b5P8s7V3-8hidlFehPMzT5CzQeVgq2GPLZUJxpNKrBIXWgFCPDKrh05cJ08XuQ9OaqE7ui-0cRDueqEyaH1zJKCrPvfXU9mMdouWr3AtUb0P3CnS4Pb2eLVg-eKR5XwMxZW6C2Pv5HDpgEn9MIjrsqyob4GW9I1SsLq2ispvLE3xGjTui-seT5HBxlNzBrIpCytAGuA3mgQVsXSTfA3vg_tohD4SBa81J_b5ha1PKpZ2mrxV_FekBqqWYyMpwDr_eHLrIYMQAquZrev7A_c56PMdpyRRkeeeJ8vjAGOAN5kaTS28_YeJzC26gpI1j0qbNY42ZrgzTraYFTgUCNsWwcFXJzVktvxberTzwfxw17acvxC4NBh9zm7Oqwi_pd2YStxVBoXNERVOwmLKvSr6CaxmQXLUU9amJ4YFZOXD8Eqhn8lzHxmqlT-F05R=w1080-h810-no

TB itself is the same between the two. Very old photo but you can get the idea.

06141 is for the Japanese market.
Same TB but comes with extra bits as in Japan, it's fairly common practice to display the last TB service date/mileage somewhere on the engine or on the chassis.

Also, it comes inside the parts bag to minimise the risk of contamination.
When I used to travel a lot, I even placed the TB inside the cabin carry-on luggage.

14400 is exposed and held by simple plastic band with parts No label on it.

Kaz

Indeed the same part. My 06141-PR7-315 timing belt arrived today all sealed up in a nice bag with the Japanese TB service sticker (for extra cool factor). The way the belt was wrapped up in the bag I could see the belt markings which were Honda 14400-PR7-A01.

For those of you in Canada, I ordered the part from Amayama on Oct 6 and it arrived on my doorstep today. 9 days from order to delivery by EMS mail from Japan is dam fast turn around at an incredibly low cost. It is almost faster with COVID 19 than it was before which was typically 2 weeks. I don't know what delivery is like for US customers.

Back