• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vegas NSX Tech Needed

HELP! Does anyone know a pro to work on a 1991 NSX in Las Vegas, Nevada? The 4 bolts that hold the AC compressor to the motor has come loose and I need a mechanic to fix ASAP. Thanks.

If the bolts are just loose it should be just a matter of tightenting them with the addition of some threadlocker right? Im not sure a "Pro" is needed for this exactly. this could be a DIY project or even a acura dealer could take care of.
HELP! Does anyone know a pro to work on a 1991 NSX in Las Vegas, Nevada? The 4 bolts that hold the AC compressor to the motor has come loose and I need a mechanic to fix ASAP. Thanks.

It's not quite that easy. I have looked under the car (i do not currently have a lift) and reviewed the 1,200 page ACURA Service manual. (section 5 and 22) Per these resources you have to remove the under guard, center rod assembly and then front beam, which is a structural frame brace that runs from the entire width of the car and is also a front engine mounting point to be able to gain the access required to access the four bolts. In addition at least one of the bolts has broken off in the AC mount/ engine. I am concerned to remove this many structural components with the car on jack stands.

It's not quite that easy. I have looked under the car (i do not currently have a lift) and reviewed the 1,200 page ACURA Service manual. (section 5 and 22) Per these resources you have to remove the under guard, center rod assembly and then front beam, which is a structural frame brace that runs from the entire width of the car and is also a front engine mounting point to be able to gain the access required to access the four bolts. In addition at least one of the bolts has broken off in the AC mount/ engine. I am concerned to remove this many structural components with the car on jack stands.

You can remove the front beam and motor mount just fine on stands- the engine is primarily supported in the frame by the left and right mounts. However, if one of the bolts is broken off in the engine block, you may need to remove the engine to effect a proper repair.

I am a at home amateur DIY'er and did both front and rear bank headers on my 1992 by myself on jackstands. removing the front cross structural beam was not difficult at all. reinstallation of it, the only issue i had was the upper nut that mounts the engine mount to the structural beam. Other than that everything went smoothly. As for the snapped bolt, that is very case dependent on how the bolt broke off. You'll be very lucky if once the compressor is removed, there is some threads that you can "double nut" and unscrew and get a replacement for.

Call Alexei at Zenith Auto. He’s the best in Las Vegas for NSX care. I’ve been bringing him my NSX’s since 2013 (1997/ 1994/ 2000/ 1991) and he and his crew are excellent! He should be able to help you out.

http://www.zenithautocare.net/

Back