• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vented Dust Caps for LED Headlights

Just an FYI, if your ordering from Amayama, order 4 adjusters, they only came 1 per package for the part number I ordered. YMMV. Placing a second order.

Adjuster.jpg

That's a definite change with the adjusters to 1/package, and the part # is different. When I ordered them, I also got 2 adjusters to a package, like @latzke . My packaging looked different, with 1 bag including 2 adjusters and 1 plastic horn thing that goes on the outboard adjuster. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of what I got originally. @latzke seems to take more pics, maybe he has a shot of the old ones, but it probably doesn't matter - if that's what they're selling, I guess that's it. I wonder what American Acura is selling. Did you get a "horn thing" with both of your adjusters? Interestingly, looking at the parts diagram, it does look like the part only includes 1 adjuster. Interesting that the price doesn't seem to have changed with the switch to 1 instead of 2. I wonder if it's worth asking amayama about it. They usually respond pretty quickly to questions.

I've updated my instruction document to reflect the changed packaging and different part #.

Last edited:

I just bought and replaced these ones. It fits perfectly. It might not need an extended cap if you pack them carefully (please let us know if you could). Since I have the extended caps from Wild Turkey ( thank you for making them for me), I did not try to use the OEM ones.

Last edited:
Did you get a "horn thing" with both of your adjusters? Interestingly, looking at the parts diagram, it does look like the part only includes 1 adjuster. Interesting that the price doesn't seem to have changed with the switch to 1 instead of 2. I wonder if it's worth asking amayama about it. They usually respond pretty quickly to questions.
I did get the "horn" things with both adjusters. Didn't ask Amayama, as I'm just happy to still get parts that are so well packaged. Did you order the same Part number?

Good catch @NSXF1 ! You received a different part than I suggested in my document and that @latzke recommended in post #24 of this thread. I got 33129-SL0-N11, which included 2 adjusters, but only one "horn thing". It's also available in the US, but stated for only 1997-2001? It worked perfectly on my 1995.

Your picture is of 33129-SL0-A01, same price, which seems to include only 1 adjuster and a horn thing, which is discontinued in the USA. What did you order? N11 seems like better value? :unsure:

At amayama, they both have the same picture and relate back to the same part diagram:
This diagram is quite confusing. A01 is for 1993-1997 regular NSX's, N11 is for 1993-1997 NSX-R & NSX-T??? N11 would be the update of the A01 part. But why would NSX-R & T be different? and why no listing for 1991-1992 & 1998-2001?

Both look like the updated part with the black anti-oxidant coating. (The original was grey & highly prone to rusting.) Can anyone explain? Hello @Honcho ?

Last edited:
This diagram is quite confusing. A01 is for 1993-1997 regular NSX's, N11 is for 1993-1997 NSX-R & NSX-T??? Why would they be different? and why no listing for 1991-1992 & 1998-2001?

Both look like the updated part with the black anti-oxidant coating. (The original was grey & highly prone to rusting.) Can anyone explain? Hello @Honcho ?
It's a artifact of the JDM parts catalog. It's kind of a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that they keep the original parts number for each applicable year in the catalog (and often stock these original parts as new old stock). The curse is that they don't always tell you whether the part has been updated or superseded entirely. I always try to check manually in a newer year catalog.

In the case of the adjusters, the A01 part was the original part. It was updated in 1993 due to corrosion issues and became the N11. The N11 fits all years 1990-2001. I also got mixed up and didn't realize each bag has two adjusters, so I ended up with eight (and used four on the Zero) LOL.

Back