• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Very little grip

[MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION] Thanks.

Little update

I didn't had time to do the alignement but i went for a drive last night to some of my favorite roads, changed the tyre pressure to 2.2 front and 2.3 rear and the car was pretty good !
Actually it was very good, little no to understeer, it never ever tried to rotate on my in the rear... looks like the tyres needed 500miles of beading in cause they changed from ice to fire suddenly !

Car was very good i am very happy. Just received the two front NSX-R bars, NSX-R sway bars which i am gonna install soon.

Found another problem though, my car is vibrating a bit under hard braking. Can't feel it below 40mph but above it is noticeable.
My disks were checked and are perfectly fine, the front pads are new ( rear are very old ). I have a feeling something is loose somewhere or maybe that could be my shitty aftermarket exhaust which touches something ?

2.3 rear...
...is a little bit low for a street driven car. Check the temperature of the inner sidewall.

It's very typical for the NSX to have a higher temp on the rear that on the front tires.

With the Type R swaybar be prepared to have understeering again, depending on your setup.

Little update

I didn't had time to do the alignement but i went for a drive last night to some of my favorite roads, changed the tyre pressure to 2.2 front and 2.3 rear and the car was pretty good !
Actually it was very good, little no to understeer, it never ever tried to rotate on my in the rear... looks like the tyres needed 500miles of beading in cause they changed from ice to fire suddenly !

Car was very good i am very happy. Just received the two front NSX-R bars, NSX-R sway bars which i am gonna install soon.

Found another problem though, my car is vibrating a bit under hard braking. Can't feel it below 40mph but above it is noticeable.
My disks were checked and are perfectly fine, the front pads are new ( rear are very old ). I have a feeling something is loose somewhere or maybe that could be my shitty aftermarket exhaust which touches something ?
Possibly uneven brake pad deposits on the rotor. What pads are you running?

...is a little bit low for a street driven car. Check the temperature of the inner sidewall.
I run 2.5 bar front and rear on the street. But at 2.3, there's no real concern or need to check any temps.

Ok thanks for your answer.

I am running oem pads at the front, at the rear no idea but i guess they are pretty old...
I've had lots of issues with the NSX brakes due to pad deposit on the disks as mentionned above by [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION]
In the end I asked the guys driving Porsche's to give me their secret...
The answer was Pagid RS.
I don't know if they are available for the OEM disks but I use RS 14 (black) in the rear and RS 28 (yellow) upfront.
They also work fine on the street if you can bear the noise...

Last edited:
Back