• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Videos not showing

Is it just me or are others NOT seeing loaded utube videos. I just see blank space in the post. It’s been this way for weeks/months? Figured it would get fixed but nope. What’s going on?

DITTO.

THX - [MENTION=34751]NbyNW[/MENTION] for mentioning this.

Me too.

Firefox.

Others?

And photos. I don’t see photos I posted long ago when using my iPad or iPhone or MacBook Air. I unfortunately don’t have a pc nearby to try and would rather not download chrome to try there.

And photos. I don’t see photos I posted long ago when using my iPad or iPhone or MacBook Air. I unfortunately don’t have a pc nearby to try and would rather not download chrome to try there.

So, on the old forum if you posted more than your allotted picture quota, the system would delete your oldest photo in order to allow you to post the new one. When we migrated, the new forum saw no picture in those posts, so it put a red X.

The other possibility is that, if the photo was hosted rather than uploaded to the old forum, the link might be bad.

So, on the old forum if you posted more than your allotted picture quota, the system would delete your oldest photo in order to allow you to post the new one. When we migrated, the new forum saw no picture in those posts, so it put a red X.

The other possibility is that, if the photo was hosted rather than uploaded to the old forum, the link might be bad.
Thanks. This would be pretty awful if I (we) lost those old photos. There is no way to rescue them?

I purposely never posted from a 3rd party for fear of losing the connection, as I hated running across that situation often in others' posts.

How were we allowed to be over the quota before? I do remember I exceeded some quota, and then could only upload photos to prime in a different way to some other repository at Prime, and then link to my posts. Was there any notice or plan to reconcile that with the new forum? If one was sent out I just missed it.

It would be really awful if many historical/older photos were lost in the various posts. I have been a Prime member for over 10 years, at the lower level ($25/year) and that didn't cover any "extra" photo storage?

Thanks Honcho for the info.

Thanks. This would be pretty awful if I (we) lost those old photos. There is no way to rescue them?

How were we allowed to be over the quota before, and was there any notice or plan to reconcile that with the new forum? If one was sent out I just missed it.

It would be really awful if many historical/older photos were lost in the various posts. I have been a Prime member for over 10 years, at the lower level ($25/year) and that didn't cover any "extra" photo storage?

Thanks Honcho for the info.
I think it was an artifact of the software getting so old and broken- before my time as an admin I'm afraid. One way to save them would be to use the internet archive and see if the picture is there. You could copy it, and then paste it into the post on the new forum here.

I think it was an artifact of the software getting so old and broken- before my time as an admin I'm afraid. One way to save them would be to use the internet archive and see if the picture is there. You could copy it, and then paste it into the post on the new forum here.
I will try that! Thanks!

But man, we're hosed for all kinds of good historical posts with photos.

I will try that! Thanks!

But man, we're hosed for all kinds of good historical posts with photos.
That's one of the main reasons I worked to upgrade the software- Prime was slowly decaying into nothing!

So, on the old forum if you posted more than your allotted picture quota, the system would delete your oldest photo in order to allow you to post the new one.
I don't remember this occurring, once I found I could no longer simply upload a photo in a post, I found I was able to get around that" by uploading it to some other group/generic photo area. I never saw the "oldest photo deleted" as I never noticed any old posts having lost any photos when I'd go back and reference them.

Last edited:
The problem with some pics from the old system is that we had two platforms.

1. You could directly attach a photo to a message. Those should have all been correctly imported to the new forum system.

2. You could upload to a third-party plugin, Photopost, which was integrated with the vBulletin forum software, then link the image from your post. Unfortunately, since this was a separate system there was no practical way to import those images into the old posts or integrate them into the new forum system. However, I still have all the old Photopost image data. In the not-too-distant future, I'll try to make it available so people can get their old pics. I'm afraid there is no realistic way to automate fixing the old image links, but if there are important ones they can be manually updated.

When I set up Photopost to begin with it was because vBulletin's native image handling was pretty poor, and I didn't anticipate switching forum software (we're talking nearly 15 years ago...) I'm trying to minimize the use of third-party software that would seriously impact the site if we had to stop using it for some reason going forward.

The problem with some pics from the old system is that we had two platforms.

1. You could directly attach a photo to a message. Those should have all been correctly imported to the new forum system.

2. You could upload to a third-party plugin, Photopost, which was integrated with the vBulletin forum software, then link the image from your post. Unfortunately, since this was a separate system there was no practical way to import those images into the old posts or integrate them into the new forum system. However, I still have all the old Photopost image data. In the not-too-distant future, I'll try to make it available so people can get their old pics. I'm afraid there is no realistic way to automate fixing the old image links, but if there are important ones they can be manually updated.

When I set up Photopost to begin with it was because vBulletin's native image handling was pretty poor, and I didn't anticipate switching forum software (we're talking nearly 15 years ago...) I'm trying to minimize the use of third-party software that would seriously impact the site if we had to stop using it for some reason going forward.
Thanks Lud, I appreciate your taking the time to share the background. Pardon me if that is old news that was shared elsewhere and I didn't see it or look for it before posting here. I must have been uploading to Photopost after I reached the limit and didn't even realize that was 3rd party software and not fully tied to Prime/vBulletin. Here I thought I was being smart and safely uploading directly, as I purposely stayed away from any 3rd party image hosting all along. I'll look for the opportunity to delve into the Photopost image data and reconcile some old posts, assuming it won't be too bad a process.

Back