• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Visiting New Zealand!

Hey Everyone!

The wife and I will be visiting your country in November! Sadly, I won't be driving my NSX, but rather watching everyone and everything from the window of a tour bus. Will be spending most of our time on the south island...have already decided that we'll need to visit a second time to see the northland! If you're driving your NSX in November and see some American waving from a bus window, it may be me!

Hey mate where you flying into, Auckland or Christchurch? I'm in Auckland but there a couple of owners down south. South Island more picturesque for sure and will be beautiful then as will be some snow on the ranges but ski season will have just finished.
North Island has better coastline for boating type of holidays

Hey Jeffrey,

I'm in the South Island down on the East Coast in Dunedin. If you see a blue coupe that will be me! I will be very surprised if you see an NSX on the road here - I haven't seen one in the 16 years that I have been here!

Hey Cam and Nick! We flew into Auckland on November 9th, then caught another flight to Nelson. Have been to Abel Tasman NP, Pancake Rocks, took the Transalpine from Greymouth to Christchurch, then on to Aoraki/Mt. Cook for stargazing and a spectacular helicopter flight! Next was Queenstown (cycling and a day on the Routeburn Track), then to Te Anau and the drive to and boat tour of Milford Sound. Now on our way to Dunedin to see the Otago Peninsula. Tomorrow we go to Christchurch and fly back to the USA on Wednesday. Having a great time! The people of NZ have been so friendly and the country is otherworldly gorgeous. I'd love to return soon. We'll see!
Not much seen in the way of sports cars...an Audi R8 near Queenstown has been about all. If we spy a blue NSX.in Denedin today, I'll wave Nick! Stop and I'll buy you a cup of coffee!!😉

Cam, hope to see more of the North Island next trip. The photos look great. I'm a huge fan of mountains and backpacking/tramping, hence our trip to the South Island first.

Jeff

Mate you got a lot done in some cool little places down there, North Island does not compare for the mountain type scenery but it does have some stunning coastline to get lost in as mentioned earlier. Trust you found a few nice wineries to sit back and enjoy the view

Mate you got a lot done in some cool little places down there, North Island does not compare for the mountain type scenery but it does have some stunning coastline to get lost in as mentioned earlier. Trust you found a few nice wineries to sit back and enjoy the view
Well, I can think of a number of things that we would like to do on the North Island! The Tongariro Alpine Crossing...Coromandel...Waitomo Caves...Auckland and Wellington...trout fishing on Lake Taupo...etc... These are things that you know but that I've only read about, but they all look like fun. Can't believe how expensive property is around Queenstown, and heard that Auckland is worse! Everyone must be wealthy to live in those towns. I'm surprised that I didn't see people driving around in McLarens or Ferraris everywhere!! As I told a friend, people seem to obey the speed limits in New Zealand. You should visit the U.S. and drive on some of the expressways around Chicago. Those drivers make Formula 1 racers look like a bunch of old women out for a Sunday afternoon drive!

visiting new zealand

Hey Everyone!The wife and I will be visiting your country in November! Sadly, I won't be driving my NSX, but rather watching everyone and everything from the window of a tour bus. Will be spending most of our time on the south island...have already decided that we'll need to visit a second time to see the northland! If you're driving your NSX in November and see some American waving from a bus window, it may be me!
Hey Mate, didn't know you were into fishing, does Kim know about this?

Back