• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

W balljoint??

The other day I noticed my right rear tire was wearing a lot faster than the left. So i put the nsx on the lift and noticed the right wheel had a slight 1-2mm play when I pressed it side to side. It didnt move at all when I went up and down. My guess would be the the balljoint on the tie rod? Does this necessarily mean it has to be that balljoint? Its really hard to tell cause the play is so minute. thanks

OK, so when you grab the wheel at 6 & 12 o'clock it is fine, but when you grab is 3 & 9 o'clock it has play, correct?

If so then the tie rod end is most likely. Get a person to wiggle it, while you inspect what is sloppy.

HTH,
LarryB

OK, so when you grab the wheel at 6 & 12 o'clock it is fine, but when you grab is 3 & 9 o'clock it has play, correct?

If so then the tie rod end is most likely. Get a person to wiggle it, while you inspect what is sloppy.

HTH,
LarryB

Exactly larry. 6 and 12 is stiff but 3 and 9 is a bit loose. I suspect the balljoint may have been excessively worn from a very bad alignment I had a few years ago. the car was very unstable and unsafe at one point. I think i may just go ahead and get both sides replaced while im at it, see what happens. Ill inspect further today.

Back