• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Waking up from hibernation...

As spring is slowly moving across the US do year round drivers see a dip and rise in traffic on the site?

I'll admit that over the winter I was a bit out of sight/out of mind with the car and with input to the forum. After my first drive I was re-invigorated to see how everyone else was doing and set the site as my browser home page.

Is anyone still in storage?

As spring is slowly moving across the US do year round drivers see a dip and rise in traffic on the site?

I'll admit that over the winter I was a bit out of sight/out of mind with the car and with input to the forum. After my first drive I was re-invigorated to see how everyone else was doing and set the site as my browser home page.

Is anyone still in storage?

What I like to do during winter is squirrel away parts and install them in April, along with whatever service that might need to be done. A quick detail and she's ready for the car season.

Imagine if we lived somewhere warm? lol

Unfortunately there is still some salt on our roads, so the NSX and S2000 are still tucked away. We're supposed to get a good rain later today, so that should wash away the salt. It won't help with the endless potholes and broken pavement however. I managed to take a serious rock hit to the windshield in the S2000 last summer. It was high up on the passenger side and able to be repaired. Ordered a new one from Honda along with all mouldings for the next time. Waited six months for that stuff. Can't even imagine the pain of having the same thing happening to the NSX! Should have bought a new one from Acura when they were still available. Is there an aftermarket one available of similar quality to OEM, with the cutout for the serial number?

the bee is getting a brake fluid and oil change next week...I run it all year weather permitting...

Unfortunately there is still some salt on our roads, so the NSX and S2000 are still tucked away. We're supposed to get a good rain later today, so that should wash away the salt. It won't help with the endless potholes and broken pavement however. I managed to take a serious rock hit to the windshield in the S2000 last summer. It was high up on the passenger side and able to be repaired. Ordered a new one from Honda along with all mouldings for the next time. Waited six months for that stuff. Can't even imagine the pain of having the same thing happening to the NSX! Should have bought a new one from Acura when they were still available. Is there an aftermarket one available of similar quality to OEM, with the cutout for the serial number?

There is a whole thread on here about our windshield. From my takeaway-NO more OEM windows. There are aftermarket windows. NO vin window in them. Thickness is slightly different. Shading at the top is slightly different. On YouTube, a guy bought the last OEM window, opened it up, only to find it had a couple of scratches in it. Then the installers goofed it up, but came back and made it right. Our car parts are just getting to be less and less, so I am hoping aftermarket companies will be creating even better parts or with 3D printing, maybe they can make some of our parts.

I'll have to go back and check the threads on windshields again. I thought there were some available with the serial number cutout. :disturbed:

I'll have to go back and check the threads on windshields again. I thought there were some available with the serial number cutout. :disturbed:

I've checked with Acura and my local installer, only aftermarket is available afaik. Maybe Honda Japan still has some?

I've checked with Acura and my local installer, only aftermarket is available afaik. Maybe Honda Japan still has some?

I'm quite sure you are correct about the OEM windshields. None left in North America. Could be some in Japan still... that would a cheap proposition wouldn't it? I'm sure it would make the journey unscathed! I'm fine with a high quality aftermarket one at this point, but I would like to have one with the serial number cutout.

You can still get OEM windshields (blue glass for 91-96 and green glass for 97-05) from Honda warehouses in Japan. Shipping is megabucks though, due to the handling.

Back