• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Warner Robbins Air Force Museum

I was thinking about an early Saturday drive to go see the cool Air Force museum.Leave early and take some off-beat roads, spend a couple of hours looking at the planes, etc., and then finding Martha's Grub and Munch for lunch and then back to Atl., via some of the same said roads...maybe the 23rd. March????:cool:

If I was visiting I would go with you. Trying to get a job at Warner Robbins AFB

Sorry I can't join you my friend but Spring weekends are rough to get any time off...

After all, kids in sports and a job at The Home Depot <--- Shameless plug! :rolleyes: = no time off.

Ahhh Tim, we'll hook up eventually.
As it stands, the weather is going to suck this Saturday, so no museum visit visit and no "Marthas' Grub and Munch"....but it could be done at a later date.

I'll be back in town 2n week in Apr. and am up for some rides. My NSX is in Chicago but I have my 996 TT sitting in the garage in Georgia just waiting for an excuse to take it out.

We may have to go soon.
Atlanta Business Chronicle reports the museum will lose 29 planes and 3 missiles due to budget cuts.

Jason has offerred to BBQ!
All we need is a consensus on the date with the max amount of interested parties... so a show of hands of who is interested and dates you can go.
Step it up people; as a region with lots of owner/operators we have not been representing.
Probably because we are all sooooo old and lame and apathetic and lethargic and constipated and undulated and particulated.

I am good for the first few weeks in July; other than that, I am preoccupied until the end of the month.

BTW I am not constipated, I eat my fiber ;-)

The more the notice... The more likely I'll be there :rolleyes:

I am what he said... Well maybe not constipated I think :confused: I'll know more after I drink this medicine.:eek:

Jason, you might want to pipe up on this as well! just so Tim get's his preparation in time...

July 6-7 - nothing going on yet, besides maybe C&O

July 13-14 - I'll be in Helen, so no go for me

July 20-21 and on - nothing going on yet that I can remember

I'm guessing the best day to do this for everyone will be on a Saturday.
I'm thinking you guys can meet up somewhere in Atlanta and then ride down here as a group in the morning, then we'll hit up the Air Force Museum, and then after that, take a scenic route back to my house for a cook out. Afterwards, people are free to dip out or hang out. Also, I will figure out if there is a decent little road for us to go driving on.

The museum is open from 9-5 everyday (so Sunday is possible too, if better for the group). Ideally, we should get to the museum around 9:30-10 so it won't be too hot while walking around (a good portion of the museum is outdoors).

Looks like the first week of August is when all who have posted are available. Or second week of Augustus.

Sounds like August is going to be better for everyone.

Unfortunately, I found out that they've already started moving/removing planes (a good number of them). Which makes me sad.

So hopefully we get this organized soon before they remove more and more.

Alright, so apparently the stars might be lining up for this to happen the first weekend of August.

Got a text last night from Liz, and she'll be coming up from Florida for the end of July/beginning of August.

Come on troops. Let's rally!

Back