• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Watch the Acura Press Conference Live

Coz

Legendary Member
Watch the Acura Press Conference Live from the 2012 North American International Auto Show

For those unable to attend the North American International Auto Show, Acura will host a live video webcast of its press conference on January 9 at 2:35 p.m., EST.

Soon after completion of the press conference the video will be available for download from this site as well.

http://www.acuranews.com/pages/2012naias-acura

or

http://www.acura.com/FutureVehicles.aspx

John Davis from Motorweek is on my local fm station right now. He said he thinks the car will be priced in the $75-80k range.

Side shot has the same proportions as an R8.

After seing it covered up I dont expect the overall shape and proportions to be much different from the Avengers car. lets hope they have polished some of the details. Especially the rear.

And im pretty sure it will have a "beak" - Acura seems to be working hard to make the beak-shape its signum, just like the BMW kidneys.

Side shot has the same proportions as an R8.

After seing it covered up I dont expect the overall shape and proportions to be much different from the Avengers car. lets hope they have polished some of the details. Especially the rear.

And im pretty sure it will have a "beak" - Acura seems to be working hard to make the beak-shape its signum, just like the BMW kidneys.

The Avengers car looks like it was designed by the same team/facility out in Cali. I think they ought to be replaced because Acura sales are terrible because of the designs. End the Bmw Bangle type era

I love the low and wide look, hope their's a manual though and not crazy at all about it being a hybrid as well. Hope it's priced in the 75-80k and no more range too like John Davis said! Time will tell on all counts though.

heh! I wish.
I suspect it is going to be 6 figures. :(

I am guessing it won't be 6 figures. Acura doesn't want to repeat the slow sales of the NSX and I think they will fight to keep value in the equation to thwart off that type of history again. I really think they will try to keep the price lower, because once you get past Porsche 911 money I feel the market is limited, particularily for a name not as Panashe and recognized as some like the 911 in a lot of people's minds.. I hope I'm right, we'll know soon I suppose. Fingers crossed.

I dunno. Turbo2Go made a great post about this in another thread, and I totally agree with him. I think Honda has seen the success of the R8 and is hoping to capture the same market in the 100-150k range. To win, it needs to target the same demographic and be competitive with the R8 in all respects (not just performance, but interior styling, comfort, technology, etc). It doesn't need to be a GTR killer. I think a lot of us NSX owners have been seriously looking at the R8, and if Honda does this right, they can easily sway people back...

I dunno. Turbo2Go made a great post about this in another thread, and I totally agree with him. I think Honda has seen the success of the R8 and is hoping to capture the same market in the 100-150k range. To win, it needs to target the same demographic and be competitive with the R8 in all respects (not just performance, but interior styling, comfort, technology, etc). It doesn't need to be a GTR killer. I think a lot of us NSX owners have been seriously looking at the R8, and if Honda does this right, they can easily sway people back...

Then it is only fitting that becomes Iron Man's new cars lol

The R8 imho is not pretty..it does what it does well,and is roomy,but If I'm going to buy a new 2 seat midengine car I need more swoop, in essence a more exotic looking shape.So maybe honda will fill the bill:confused:

The R8 imho is not pretty..it does what it does well,and is roomy,but If I'm going to buy a new 2 seat midengine car I need more swoop, in essence a more exotic looking shape.So maybe honda will fill the bill:confused:

I agree. Three things that make me hesitant on the R8:

1) Shape.. I'm not crazy about it. Interior is awesome, but exterior doesn't excite me like the original NSX. It's also too tall, even after lowering it.

2) Sound. Very muted, especially inside the cabin. Needs to be a lot louder. Can potentially be fixed with aftermarket exhaust.

3) V8 is not faster than a SC'd NSX, and is also prone to the carbon issue. V10 is good but not as reliable.

If Honda can address #1 and #3 and keep the original NSX's reliability as a DD, then sign me up!

Side shot looks just like an R8 profile.

This wait is killing me.

Honda would be smart to maintain its lightweight/mid-engined/rwd niche, which is what still attracts people to the orig design after all these years. I personally like the R8 for what it is but its lack of exotic swoopiness makes me lean towards a Gallardo (which is prob what the parent company beancounters have intended all along). Still, my obsession for all cars from Japan really makes me wish Honda do a pure modern interpretation of the beloved NA1.

This wait is killing me.

Honda would be smart to maintain its lightweight/mid-engined/rwd niche, which is what still attracts people to the orig design after all these years. I personally like the R8 for what it is but its lack of exotic swoopiness makes me lean towards a Gallardo (which is prob what the parent company beancounters have intended all along). Still, my obsession for all cars from Japan really makes me wish Honda do a pure modern interpretation of the beloved NA1.

Maybe eventually as a limited edition a la Porsche..............

Back