• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Watch the Acura Press Conference Live

I'm in on the stream, they just told everyone to take their seats and it'll start in 5 minutes.

shhhh

pay attention,, and turn your cell phone off..

.....OH JUST get to it!

Echo friendly... oh please......!

Things I noted:

1. It's a concept, and the car will be based on the concept, with worldwide introduction in the next 3 years.
2. It's mid-engined, so I guess they can call it an NSX.
3. SH-AWD & sport hybrid (I believe) I like the idea.
4. Made in Ohio. I guess they won't be hand picking the teams that build them?

I like the styling, don't know if I love it yet. I think it will grow on me. Interesting that their halo-super car needs to consider the environment (read have a hybrid component) but their new daily drivers didn't seem to consider it as important.

Thanks for sharing this. I wouldn't have caught it otherwise. Exciting times ahead!

Last edited:
So when's the actual availability date. Pre order etc…

I hope someone quickly does a redesign on the snagle-tooth grill..

Ohio…I’d feel better if it were the old NSX plant and folks…

Last edited:
They didn't mention price.
Also didn't give up any performance data either...
3 years down the road.
Hummm...

3 years and this will become very out of date...is the plant in Ohio going to be union???

I'm not impressed really. HSV010 is where it's at. That can be called the new NSX. They lowered the bar here big time.

3 years and this will become very out of date...is the plant in Ohio going to be union???

No auto plant in the US not run by the big three are union (not counting the joint GM/Toyota plan in California). Honda's very first plant in the US was Marysville Ohio, where they started making Accords. So it may have been chosen as the longest running Honda plant in North America.

The Audi R8 has been on the market for more than three years and it is not out of date. So the new NSX might be very advanced when it is released.

But it all depends on Honda's guts. If they want to be taken seriously as a supercar, it needs to be no slower than 4 secs 0-60.

All the criticisms aside I'm very happy to see a newly designed sports car brought to the market, even if it has to live in the shadow on the original NSX design :wink:

It does resemble the R8 a bit, but we'll see how it fairs in the real world once released to the public for sale.

I'm not impressed really. HSC is where it's at. That can be called the new NSX. They lowered the bar here big time.

Fixed it for ya. :D

Is there a site where we can petition against the design of this concept (essentially any design from the ca design team)? It's another sad day for the die hard Honda enthusiast.

Back