• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Watkins Glen - May 3/4

Don't know how many people from the forum are heading out there, but Turbo2Go and I are planning to head out there Friday. What time are people getting there and do we have anything planned? Anyone from the East want to meet up with us as we head out on I-90?

Also, what time does the thing finish up on Sunday and should I expect to stay over that night or not (about a 6 hour drive home). Thanks.

Also, what time does the thing finish up on Sunday and should I expect to stay over that night or not (about a 6 hour drive home). Thanks.

Hello,

HPDE events normally finish around 4PM.

I normally left right after track events because I did not have the luxury of being flexible with my work schedule (a lot of events that I had attended were held during the week days). However, I would stay overnight when I felt extremely tired to drive back home safely. So, it will be up to you.

I also found that the number of driver mistakes increased towards the last driving session in the second day - probably due to drivers being fatigue and also due to misperceived familiarity with the track.

So, if you find that you are extremely tired by the early afternoon in the second day, it is wise for you to skip the last driving session of the event and instead recap with your instructor regarding areas to focus/improve in the next event. Then, you can leave a bit earlier.

Please drink a lot of water!

I am so jealous that you will be at Watkins Glen! Please take some pictures for people like us who will be cranking in the office...

Listen to Tiger's advice. It could save you and your car.

Pooh and I will be there but won't be taking I-90. Looking forward to seeing the gang.

For those who have been there previously, is there a preferred hotel? Where are you guys staying? I'd like to meet you guys for dinner. I'll PM you my cell.

For those who have been there previously, is there a preferred hotel? Where are you guys staying? I'd like to meet you guys for dinner. I'll PM you my cell.

I always stay at the Longhouse. Trackmasters has a discount with another local motel but it sells out early because of that discount and didn't have any rooms a month ago.

If they serve honey, we will be there.

You know, I was waiting for one of you to say, "Don, your honey is already with you", but I guess I have to do it myself.

Don your honey will be there right with you (and no, I'm not talking about the waitress either).

Quit gagging everyone.

You know, I was waiting for one of you to say, "Don, your honey is already with you", but I guess I have to do it myself.

Don your honey will be there right with you (and no, I'm not talking about the waitress either).

Quit gagging everyone.
Carla, honey, think about it, none of us said it because..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I want a full pictorial recap! Bob how did our track virgins do at the school?One of them was big helmet Aria pimping:wink:

I want a full pictorial recap! Bob how did our track virgins do at the school?One of them was big helmet Aria pimping:wink:

So far so good. I dont know whether i will upload photos later or just paint their portraits based upon the speed they are going. Weather holding out for now but predictions of three days of rain made me leave the toyos at home. Photo recap will be after dinner tonight.

So far so good. I dont know whether i will upload photos later or just paint their portraits based upon the speed they are going. Weather holding out for now but predictions of three days of rain made me leave the toyos at home. Photo recap will be after dinner tonight.

Start Painting Now I want to seen POOH on the track and not the type because you were passed by Carla :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope you are all having a blast I'm moving Josh's junk home this weekend. Spotted 2 Maserati Grand Turismo's in DC quite affective among all the Camrys. The Supervan is doing fine and hauling ass:cool: :cool: By the way its in the 70's here today makes for a fun day on a college campus :smile: :smile:
See you all for the walk and other events
Pics tonight Bob :biggrin:

Successful day one for our track virgins Carla (Pooh), Dave (Turbo2Go) and James (Liquid). The first photos were taken of their very first lap going up through the esses.

289017677_GiJxt-XL.jpg

289024567_rcwkA-XL.jpg

289092769_pELtr-XL.jpg

The second group is going throught the bus stop.
289033518_VTpu9-XL.jpg

289027725_gB3CW-XL.jpg

289092777_KhdTe-XL.jpg

The third group shows Pooh and Dave coming through Turn 9.

289055476_Z4w7F-XL.jpg

289032531_5b28m-XL.jpg

And a couple of Gary Sommer and me going through the bus stop. (Thanks to The Don for grabbing my camera for these shots)
289038151_jmUEM-XL.jpg

289040502_dN8gw-XL.jpg

289023114_uU6S4-XL-1.jpg

The other photos will have to wait until I get a real internet connection when I get home. No wifi here so I need to upload these through my cell phone aircard.

Well, based on the pics, they weren't pimping on the track. I can see the lean in their cars so that is a good sign of the real track junkie addictions to come :biggrin:

Congrats on our three newest trackers!Hope you return and continue practicing and enjoying the car.:cool:

Congrats to Pooh and all the other NEW TRACK JUNKIES on the first of many hits on the Go Fast Crackpipe :cool:
Bob I don't know why we wasted so much money at Mid Ohio when we could have just paid the same $2 to you for such excellent work :tongue:
Looks like you had a GREAT time as well in your shiny almost new "no longer track rat". By the way did you use the new "Custom Climber Seat" and how did it perform on its inaugural run?

Thanks for sharing pictures, Bob!!

I am so jealous and wish that I was there!

Who were instructors for these new trackers?

Carla, David and James all did a fantastic job this weekend. A big thumbs up. David and James, it was a pleasure meeting the newest track junkies. A fun weekend was had by one and all. Even I had a great time just being Pooh's pit crew. :smile:

Thanks for sharing pictures, Bob!!

I am so jealous and wish that I was there!

Who were instructors for these new trackers?

Peter Mills drew the short straw and got Pooh Bear. :wink: I did not know the instructors for the other two.

Just so you are not jealous in July, make sure you come up for Kids' Day.

Richard with the Yellow GT3 was my instructor and was awesome.

Congratulations, Pooh and the other Newbies! Bob, great pictures - hope you liked the RA-1's. Hope to see everybody at Kids' Day.

Back