• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Watkins Glen May7/8

For those of you going, make sure you take note of the changes to the track during your first session. All changes enhanced safety but the visuals will be somewhat different than you were used to, especially through the bus stop. The good news is that some barriers were moved back and there is additional runoff space in case you get so engrossed in observing the changes that you forget to pay attention to your line and actually need to run off.

I'll be there for Sat.Save me a nonexistent garage spot! :wink:

The Don will be pleased to know that Peter is actually looking forward to being his instructor after several harrowing sessions with me this past Monday in the snow.

im nsx-less... :frown:

What's up with the garage bays? I never heard back from Jul if I had one.

thedon67 said:
What's up with the garage bays? I never heard back from Jul if I had one.

If you credit card was not charged for the bays and you did not get a bay assignment in the mail with your confirmation package, then you do not have a garage space. I am assuming that since you were on the wait list that the bays were long gone because they get taken for the whole season by the open trackers and early birds in the registration process.

OK so who has the pictures from this session :rolleyes:

Hope you all had a great time if the weather was anything like it was on Saturday in NJ then conditions were perfect :cool:

Well Allan,I think the Don has a few apropriate shots of me departing the Glen with two of my new best friends :wink:

Was it deja vu all over again?

21639389-L.jpg

You will just have to waite and see,but that does look familiar :wink:

oh no.....:(

Ok Doc, what happened, was it really Bob's fault, you can tell us!!! Hope that everyone is OK, Joe can take care of the rest!!! :eek:

Don't be blaming me or I will make sure your future ex-wife gets 150% of everything.

I was not at the track this weekend so any breakdowns were due to The Don. DocJohn's problem was purely mechanical so no need to see The Wizard of Dents, just a good mechanic.

RSO 34 said:
Don't be blaming me or I will make sure your future ex-wife gets 150% of everything.

I was not at the track this weekend so any breakdowns were due to The Don. DocJohn's problem was purely mechanical so no need to see The Wizard of Dents, just a good mechanic.

whew, I thought you were going for 200%, glad to see it's still stuck at 150%. Couldn't tell from the picture, so glad to hear that the Dent Doc isn't going to get his hands on the bee, just the fix it mechanic!!! Bring on the good weather, other than Bridgewater Day, the weekends have been miserable, maybe it's time for Mike to have another event so we can have some decent weather!!! :biggrin:

Could someone tell this non-NSX owner (yet) how the stock/SC NSX does at the Glen? I've been there only once in my Shelby Cobra replica and it seems that this track responds well to power. We did the full course with the boot. I'm trying to figure out how to replace the cobra (for sale) and Porsche, Vette, and NSX are in the running. Something that could do street and do justice to the Glen would be perfect.
Thanks!
Doug Axelrod

You can gauge for yourself by checking out the vids on my website:
http://www.robertondrovic.com/page17.html

The "Chasing the Bee" is taken at the Glen. Except for some suspension mods, my car is stock and is doing 2:30ish laps on street tires. DocJohn and Peter Mills do 2:teens on track tires with more suspension/brake mods but no SC.

I'm asking the photo guru for help becuase my pics are too large and I can't shrink them to post. Stay tunned for pics of DocJohn's new friends.

I was sorry to see the bee towed home but very very glad that the good doc realized something was amiss before tragedy might have struck.

The Trackmasters's school was a big success once again. I had a great time and learned a lot from our senior member, Mr. Mills. I look forward to having more seat time with him in the future.

TheDon

thedon67 said:
I'm asking the photo guru for help becuase my pics are too large and I can't shrink them to post. Stay tunned for pics of DocJohn's new friends.

I was sorry to see the bee towed home but very very glad that the good doc realized something was amiss before tragedy might have struck.

The Trackmasters's school was a big success once again. I had a great time and learned a lot from our senior member, Mr. Mills. I look forward to having more seat time with him in the future.

TheDon

OK :confused: so the pictures were left up to DON :eek: :eek: :eek:
It looks like other than mech difficulties with the BEE everyone went home with thier wheels intact. Can't wait to see DocJohns new friends (if Don ever gets the pics posted :tongue: )

Does anyone know if they will be running any Novice classes? Everytime I check they seem to be intermediate and up :mad:

Don we all want to know did you wear your Depends :tongue: when Peter showed you how to really drive your car :eek:
Peter did you get a good nap while Don was driving :wink: :wink:
Glad to hear that everyone had a great time :biggrin: and sorry I missed the event it would have been fun even as an observer :biggrin:

Don did very well and he should be proud of his achievement. Don was able to produce consistant laps times, and passed everything in sight during the third run session on Sunday. His line through the eleven Watkins Glen turns was right on. Don also ran solo for three of the eight sessions.
This novice school was very fast and "The Don" stayed up with the best of them.
Well Done!:)
Mr.Mills

thedon67 said:

Courtesy of The Don..........

21747804-L.jpg

21747806-L.jpg

21747801-L.jpg

The moral of the story, buy Peter lunch and he says nice things.

Thanks for the very postive review Peter. Actually, I was very pleased with my driving this weekend. Peter gave excellant instruction and things just clicked. It was a very strange feeling going out by myself the very first time. It was like "oh sh&* what happens if I really f&*^ up". But I kept my composure and stayed in my comfort zone and all went well. Hoping to continue the learning curve by attending the school Labor Day weekend.

Thanks for posting the pics Bob!

Ahh yes that was me and Frank and his son,taking a leisurely drive back to Pa!So far We think the wheel bearing failed,thus putting stress on the axle bolt which along with the nut was sheared off at the tip and was eventualy recovered :eek: ,and is enroute back for analysis.Either way the teaching point for this case is,if you feel the slightest unusual anything while driving on track,get yee into the pits!I felt a subtle rear wiggle that was new for me coming out of 9 and thought a tire was going down :frown: But on the bright side it happened at the end of a good day!Great company with Pete,The Don and Bill from trackmasters,shooting the poop waiting for my ride.Funny but the driver is good friends with Ron Cook(nsx owner),and is a racing enthusiast to boot!

Back