• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wear a condom when watching this clip

Excellent site! Lots of interesting reading. Thanks for the link.

I was amazed at the cheesy stand the car was on and that no matter how hard the motor was rev'ed it didn't torque off the stand? But then with no flywheel and a clutch the size of my fist, I guess there isn't a lot of rotating mass. :biggrin:

Having witnessed the sound of an F1 engine, i can't believe the the guy in the black shirt standing next to it.

He must have some inner ear protection, or he must be simply deaf, if not, he's now.

What a piece of engineering art.

Seems to be a Minardi Ford V-10 judging by the mechanic's uniforms. Now if only someone can find a Honda V-10 clip :smile:

Holy Sh*t! That's intense. This looks like an adequate replacement for my 3.0. Yeah, and 8,000 is idle not redline in this thing.

Nice video!

I agree about the flimsy looking stand. I would have felt uneasy standing next to it as they revved it up.

ISONSX said:
Holy Sh*t! That's intense. This looks like an adequate replacement for my 3.0. Yeah, and 8,000 is idle not redline in this thing.

what's redline? Sounds like my little nitro R/C car. That thing revs up to 30k i think.

dawggpie said:
what's redline?

F1 cars are typically redlining at around 19K RPM.

Just an update: After watching the F1 race today I noticed that many cars seem to be short-shifting at around 18K RPM. I'm guessing this is due to the new 1 engine/2 races rule. They must have to baby the engines to get two duty cycles out of them.

Last edited:
Back