• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Weight of the JIC J-Force 07 wheels...for the FAQ

Hi guys long time no see. For those that don't know me, I've been an 'old school' NSX Mailing list guy from when David Hwang started this all!

I'm (finally) upgrading the wheels on my '92 NSX. Always liked the Technomagnesio look, but the weights were substantial, and the wheels were expensive. Anyhow, they went bye-bye.

However, I saw the great new JIC J-Force 07's available at Scienceofspeed.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/JIC/J-Force_07/

07rear.jpg

These replicate the best features of the Technomagnesio's but at a much lower cost.

But, being a '92 coupe guy with no cup holder, spare tire, or trunk mat, I was interested in what the weights of the JIC wheels were, so I emailed the company. Today, I got this nice response from Japan. These wheels are reasonably light for cast jobbies.

"John,

17X8 weight is 19.5lbs,
18X9.5 is 23.5lbs
weight is not as light stock wheels... but we use this wheels for time attack. drift. work well and strong.
let me know if you want to.

Thanks"

So there you have it. Not the Stock 15/16's (at 15.2 and 18.9 pounds respectively F/R), but these are quite a bit larger.
Anybody know if the modern low-profile tires are lighter than the beloved stock Yok's?

John Maurice MD

Last edited:
hi,
i believe chris at sos weighed those at 21lb front, 25lb rear (which is not too bad). manufacturer always exaggerates.

For the record, since there is some scepticism expressed, on my shipping scale at home:

17X8 weight is 19.6 lbs,
18X9.5 weight is 23.8 lbs,

which is within 0.3 pounds of the manufacturer's claim, so I think their weights are a fair claim.

Joh

For the record, since there is some scepticism expressed, on my shipping scale at home:

17X8 weight is 19.6 lbs,
18X9.5 weight is 23.8 lbs,

which is within 0.3 pounds of the manufacturer's claim, so I think their weights are a fair claim.

Joh

This is inline with the weight we had minus boxes. Congrats! Looking foward to seeing them on your car.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Here's the final look of the J-Force 07's on my '92 Sebring Silver car.
I think they blend nicely with both the color of the silver car and the shapes present on the car.
In fact strangers have been stopping to comment specifically on the wheels in car jaded Orange County, which is unusual.

Attachments

• 031edit.jpg
    031edit.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 025edit.jpg
    025edit.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 030edit.jpg
    030edit.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 262
Back