• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well I've finally done it

Well guys, it has been 2 1/2 years with my NSX and I have loved every minute of it, but as of last Friday, the NSX is now parked in it's new owner's garage. :frown: However, I have decided to move forward with a 2002 E39 M5 and will be picking it up this weeking pending positive results from a pre-purchase inspection. I will truly miss the exotic looks of the timeless NSX, but hopefully the added torque of the M5 will make it difficult to wipe the smile off my face. I want to remain a member of this forum becuase I believe there is no other forum that exists whose members are so helpful in every way whether NSX related or not. I want to thank everyone for all of their help and advice over the last couple of years. (gene, nick, dave dozier, briank, zman, netviper, etc.) I hope my M5 experience will be as pleasant as my NSX experience. Thanks.

Jeff

here's a sneak peak of the new beast.

Attachments

• M5 picture.JPG
    M5 picture.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Congrats, Jeff! Don't be a stranger around here. :smile: BTW, I want a ride in that beast!

KGP said:
Congrats, Jeff! Don't be a stranger around here. :smile: BTW, I want a ride in that beast!

You got it. It won't compare to your monster, but it will do. :biggrin: I probably killed a few brain cells from the thrust alone after that ride in your car. :eek:

Pretty cool Jeff.

BTW - did your NSX stay local?

You will have to run with us when the weather gets better. Looks like a great car and way at the top of my "all in one" cars I would consider.

Congrats. Have looked at that car allot. When I get rid of the X, it will be for and M5.

I am sure that you are aware of this site:
http://www.m5board.com

But they have alot of good people there, and they have the same attitude as those on Prime. Mature and not self-rightous.

Have fun with the new car. If I may be so bold, you *need* to put a Kellners (If you like a wicked) or Hamman (if you like smooth) Exhaust and an X pipe on it along with the Dinan Stage 3 suspension kit. Makes that car feel much better according to my brother who made the same transition. NSX --> 03 M5. He said it is no NSX in the corners but it makes up for it in the go-fast department :biggrin:

Come back and visit us.

Jeff

matteni said:
Pretty cool Jeff.

BTW - did your NSX stay local?

You will have to run with us when the weather gets better. Looks like a great car and way at the top of my "all in one" cars I would consider.

Yes, the NSX did stay local. A great guy named Dave that lives in Brentwood puchased the car. I don't remember his prime name off the top of my head, but he did respond to my "for sale" ad. I would love to get together when the weather gets good. :smile:

Hiroshima said:
Congrats. Have looked at that car allot. When I get rid of the X, it will be for and M5.

I am sure that you are aware of this site:
http://www.m5board.com

But they have alot of good people there, and they have the same attitude as those on Prime. Mature and not self-rightous.

Have fun with the new car. If I may be so bold, you *need* to put a Kellners (If you like a wicked) or Hamman (if you like smooth) Exhaust and an X pipe on it along with the Dinan Stage 3 suspension kit. Makes that car feel much better according to my brother who made the same transition. NSX --> 03 M5. He said it is no NSX in the corners but it makes up for it in the go-fast department :biggrin:

Come back and visit us.

Jeff

Big fan of the M5board, but not as easy to find info as this site. One member was nice enough to drive to a dealership and look over the car I plan on buying for me. Great members over there just like here.

I agree with you about the exhaust and will eventually do something, but just as I did with the "X", it will take some time to adjust just to the stock power. :smile: Also, it seems like doing any mods is 3-4 times the cost of the NSX. (and I thought NSX headers were expensive) :eek:

Back