• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what are stock 91 nsx 1/4 times?

Originally posted by legendr34:
i wanna find out, i heard it was 13.8, which seems pretty decent.

13.8 if you launch great. Otherwise, Low 14's. The gearing on the early NSX is terrible, second gear goes to 85mph or so. Also I can tell you no early NSX can hang with a C5 running right. I raced alot of them and I can barely beat them from a roll and my car put down 334 rwhp now. When my car was stock, I only put down 245 rwhp, so if I can barely stay ahead with 334 rwhp, forget it with 245 rwhp.

The NSX enjoyment is not straight line, but handling, cornering. Having had alot faster straight line car (420 rwhp, 420 ft lb torque supra), the NSX is by far the most enjoyable to drive. It does take a while to start appreciate the car. It took me 3 months before I start going damn, this car is fun.

Originally posted by Khuang:
13.8 if you launch great. Otherwise, Low 14's. The gearing on the early NSX is terrible, second gear goes to 85mph or so. Also I can tell you no early NSX can hang with a C5 running right. I raced alot of them and I can barely beat them from a roll and my car put down 334 rwhp now. When my car was stock, I only put down 245 rwhp, so if I can barely stay ahead with 334 rwhp, forget it with 245 rwhp.

The NSX enjoyment is not straight line, but handling, cornering. Having had alot faster straight line car (420 rwhp, 420 ft lb torque supra), the NSX is by far the most enjoyable to drive. It does take a while to start appreciate the car. It took me 3 months before I start going damn, this car is fun.

Wow you can BARELY beat them? I eat them up all day long!! I'm pushing 351 RWHP! Stopped, rolling, highway!! Did a 12.3 on my blown motor, with street tires, looking to do mid 11's with a fresh motor and drag radials! You have SC?

Robert

Originally posted by Khuang:

I don't know about that, but I could hang with the C5 pretty well. My NSX just has i/h/e and honestly I was quite surprised that I could hang with the C5 from both stop light and rolling.

Originally posted by Runutzzzzz:

Wow you can BARELY beat them? I eat them up all day long!! I'm pushing 351 RWHP! Stopped, rolling, highway!! Did a 12.3 on my blown motor, with street tires, looking to do mid 11's with a fresh motor and drag radials! You have SC?

Robert

My setup is Comptech SC, header and exhaust, 334 rwhp on pump gas. My friend drove my car to 13.1@112-113mph and he ran his car 12.4@112mph. The only difference is he has the six speed and 4.55 R&P. My car actually dynoed 12 rwhp more but his car is lighter (carbon fiber seats, light weight battery, removed tool kit, etc). Anyway, the older NSX don't get off the line very well with the tall gears. Sure, my car should hit high 12's, but I am not going to abuse it to prove a point. If there is a bet, then that is a different story. I am more interested in road racing.

Back