• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What aux' input converter to get?

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
(I posted this question in this thread, but I should've just made a new thread like I am now)

I finally acquired an after-market portable GPS/NAV unit w/ a 7" TFT LCD and features MP3/DivX & DVD/TV-tuner/gaming via A/V input port, as well as having an SD-card slot & USB port along w/ a credit-card sized wireless 'entertainment' remote. I'm planning to install it into my JDM Nav' pod & hook it all up to my OEM Bose head-unit.

The jacks on the side of it are marked as the following: SAFETY, COMM, A-OUT, A/V-IN, USB

I'm not sure which (if any) after-market aux' input converter to get, which will basically allow the following...

- GPS/NAV unit's audio (directions/music) to come from the OEM Bose head-unit/speakers

- Maintain the ability to use my OEM CD-changer

I know there's a motley assortment of after-market Honda/Acura specific aux' input converters currently available (ie. PIE, Blitzsafe, PAC, Soundgate, xcarlink, etc'). Which one will allow moi' to accomplish the (2) aforementioned goals most efficiently (and most cost effectively, as well)?

Once I've accomplished the whole integration into the center-console & OEM head-unit, I'll post a rather elementary D.I.Y. w/ pics/etc'.

Thanks, in-advance! :cool:

good value, but time will tell!

Which NAV unit did you decide on?
VXA-3000 from www.dvssales.com! :D

O.k. NSX Prime audio/tech' guys, anyone know which aux' input converter to acquire to get the aforementioned GPS/NAV' unit integrated w/ my OEM head-unit (for sound only, not display or controls) AND maintain the ability to us my OEM CD-changer?

Back