• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think a mint set of stock rims from a 2003 is worth?

Lately, I've been toying with the idea of getting some aftermarket rims. Specifically, I prefer the 5 spoke type rims. Here are the two front runners:

1. Prodrive GC-05F: http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Prodrive/

2. Advan Kreuzer V: http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Advan/Kreuzer_series/SeriesV/

Any idea what I can sell my stock rims for? The rims are in mint condition and have the original Bridgestone tires on them. The tires are in great shape and have 8k miles on them.

Also, which rims do you prefer? The Advan or the Prodrives? Thanks guys!

Any idea what I can sell my stock rims for? The rims are in mint condition and have the original Bridgestone tires on them. The tires are in great shape and have 8k miles on them.
Define "great shape". After 8K miles, the rears are usually worn pretty close to the treadwear indicator bars (2/32" tread depth) which means they need to be replaced. The fronts may have more tread depth (6/32" is probably typical) but the inner part of the tread may be a lot more worn than that.

I would have to look at them again but amazingly, I don't see any indicator bars showing. Plenty of tread left on rears as well as fronts.

I just did a quick search and it seems like the newer style rims are selling between $2,000-$3,000. I had no idea they would fetch so much! Very nice.:)

I just did a quick search and it seems like the newer style rims are selling between $2,000-$3,000. I had no idea they would fetch so much! Very nice.:)

Where did you done your research, would you mind to share?

I have a set of original 91s I want to sell as well, TIA.

Jon

I would have to look at them again but amazingly, I don't see any indicator bars showing. Plenty of tread left on rears as well as fronts.

I agree with Ken--after 8,000 miles on the rear OEM bridgestones they'd be worn to no less than half even with an ultra-conservative alignment. Are you checking the inside of the rear tires?

Where did you done your research, would you mind to share?

I have a set of original 91s I want to sell as well, TIA.
Prices for the '91-93 stock wheels are much lower. Most sets are not particularly pristine looking and sell for $150-250. If a set is absolutely mint, it may go for as much as $400-500. However, if high-quality tires with good tread depth are on them, that can add value to these numbers.

Back