• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What does NSXPrime.com membership mean to me?

It's great to see people stepping up to keep NSXPRIME going, lots of good ideas. I haven't been posting here lately but after seeing/reading this thread I will be again.

I joined NSXPRIME before buying my NSX to get more info and people here were willing to offer advice to help. Two days after buying it I went to an event that was posted here that [MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION] was hosting at his place and was welcomed into the "FAMILY". It's been a great 10 years and have made lots of friends on NSXPRIME and here in SoCal. I really miss the days when we would have 40 or more posts a day on a thread in the SoCal section. Even though I don't daily it any more the wife and I go for a drive in it every weekend.

I'm actually quite near by, but the condition of my NSX now is a shadow of what you experienced back then. Call it the marriage, child, new car passion (4Runner) effect. Though I would love to check out that Pantera. :smile:

Got the 4runner bug myself... and yes I have volks on it ��

I got the 4Runner bug 20 years ago and it's still running strong.
[MENTION=12272]Vega$ NSX[/MENTION] we need to go hit some trails, that is if you got the 4X4 version:wink:. There are lots of great ones around here.

Last edited:
I'm in SoCal right now on Friday, December 11th. I will be here tomorrow, Saturday, but I am flying back to Colorado on Sunday. If there's anything going on Saturday afternoon post!!

It's great to see people stepping up to keep NSXPRIME going, lots of good ideas. I haven't been posting here lately but after seeing/reading this thread I will be again.

I joined NSXPRIME before buying my NSX to get more info and people here were willing to offer advice to help. Two days after buying it I went to an event that was posted here that [MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION] was hosting at his place and was welcomed into the "FAMILY". It's been a great 10 years and have made lots of friends on NSXPRIME and here in SoCal. I really miss the days when we would have 40 or more posts a day on a thread in the SoCal section. Even though I don't daily it any more the wife and I go for a drive in it every weekend.

I got the 4Runner bug 20 years ago and it's still running strong.
[MENTION=12272]Vega$ NSX[/MENTION] we need to go hit some trails, that is if you got the 4X4 version:wink:. There are lots of great ones around here.

Oh heck yeah! You know me, I have a weakness of keeping anything stock. :biggrin: I've been on a few trails but would be keen on trying a few more. Will text you soon. :smile:

Got the 4runner bug myself... and yes I have volks on it 😂

Turns out, I enjoy off-roading and overlanding more than speed and track times. :biggrin: Would love to see the 4Runner Volks, as I've been sporting the CE-28Ns on the NSX for ages and have been considering something other than the TRD pros for the current 4Runner.

Turns out, I enjoy off-roading and overlanding more than speed and track times. :biggrin: Would love to see the 4Runner Volks, as I've been sporting the CE-28Ns on the NSX for ages and have been considering something other than the TRD pros for the current 4Runner.

I have CE28's on my 300ZX currently... great wheel! Here's my 4runner on TE-37s

EdmvVaO.jpg

Eff6Nhg.jpg

Now... just waiting on my damn bank to approve my loan so I can grab my 3rd and final NSX... feel like they are hesitant to loan you money on old cars, but at least they're getting better at getting the value correct. 10 years ago they had no idea what they were worth, at least the lady gave me a pretty accurate value amount.

Life does get in the way, my friend. My buddy's Pantera was sold decades ago. :frown:

Still, he's a great guy to know. Works from home and lives by the beach. Would do anything for a friend or neighbor. DM me some time and I'll give you his contact information if you are interested or if the wife and kids would want to have some beach time while he smokes salmon for dinner. (Of course, once your State will allow it's citizens to go outside again. :rolleyes:)

Tell you what, I'll make a deal with you. If you ever come out here to visit your Pantera friend, I'll make sure to carve out time and meet up with the two of you if you ever make it out here. :biggrin:

I'm now about 2hrs north of LA these days but I'll drive down for some Vega$ love

Lol based on where I'm at now, it would almost be closer to meet in Las Vegas! Lol! :biggrin: Although there is a Yosemite road trip planned in the far future... we'll figure something out my friend. :smile:

Last edited:
I have CE28's on my 300ZX currently... great wheel! Here's my 4runner on TE-37s

EdmvVaO.jpg

Eff6Nhg.jpg

Now... just waiting on my damn bank to approve my loan so I can grab my 3rd and final NSX... feel like they are hesitant to loan you money on old cars, but at least they're getting better at getting the value correct. 10 years ago they had no idea what they were worth, at least the lady gave me a pretty accurate value amount.

Whoa, NSX brothers, but 4Runner Twinsies!?!? Absolutely love the build, looks like a beast! Hope you are feeling the jeally through the interwebs. Nice balance of cosmetics and overlanding practicality; a proper build and soooo clean! And IMHO, THE best 4Runner color hands down. You are the only other 4runner I've seen rocking the Anzo taillights like me (absolutely love them). I wanted to go with the Aiden James custom lights too to match but ended up going with the Morimoto head lights (LED and sequential everything baby!). And of course the raptor lights up front too! CBI underbody skids..... working on the sliders ATM. Icon suspension (3") and the typical 275 BFG KO2's on the TRD Pro's (285's coming soon). But my hidden secret is I have KDSS, which means side markers in the mirrors and a moon roof. Lol!:wink: I feel like the people reading this would be just as confused as a discussion on snap ring on a 4Runner forum. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Sounds like a solid plan. I'll keep you in mind when we make it out to SoCal. Don whips up some great smoked meals and I'm sure he'd like for you to join us. Keep that 4-Runner upside-up. :)

Cheers!
Shaun

Whoa, NSX brothers, but 4Runner Twinsies!?!? Absolutely love the build, looks like a beast! Hope you are feeling the jeally through the interwebs. Nice balance of cosmetics and overlanding practicality; a proper build and soooo clean! And IMHO, THE best 4Runner color hands down. You are the only other 4runner I've seen rocking the Anzo taillights like me (absolutely love them). I wanted to go with the Aiden James custom lights too to match but ended up going with the Morimoto head lights (LED and sequential everything baby!). And of course the raptor lights up front too! CBI underbody skids..... working on the sliders ATM. Icon suspension (3") and the typical 275 BFG KO2's on the TRD Pro's (285's coming soon). But my hidden secret is I have KDSS, which means side markers in the mirrors and a moon roof. Lol!:wink: I feel like the people reading this would be just as confused as a discussion on snap ring on a 4Runner forum. :biggrin:

Nice!!! Yeah, I got the Aiden James off the 4runner forum from another user.. they sat for a year and one day I put em in.. they're cool. I just paid for the magnuson SC.. waiting for parts to show up. I didn't think I was going to pull the trigger but I drive the truck long distances in the summer... it was really starting to get bogged down with all the weight I've been adding to it. Looking forward to some added HP. I went with RSG angled sliders... have a 3" lift as well! I'm running 285 18" tires now... I had 295 but it just didn't handle as well. The truck needs to be drivable on the highway as well as off road!

On the NSX note... I should have the car in my hands by next week... I'm not posting anything until it's a done deal, I'm not trying to jinx it!

Last edited:
The NSX website thread turned into a 4runner thread. Nice.

I had some time to think about this, and have feedback:
1. The social aspect of the site is mostly gone, and unlikely to return thanks to the advent of social media websites (namely, Facebook).
I would accept this, and incorporate accordingly into the site design (including the forums, by revising the order).
Instead of having multiple sub-forums for the social content, consolidate into a few to generalize... as such to avoid alienating existing members while avoiding posts in dark corners that go unnoticed (and disincentivize return visitors).

2. The technical resourcefulness of the site is still here and needs to be better organized and promoted.
Facebook, and other social media sites for that matter, are unable to capture this important element of NSXPrime.
The wiki is a bit neglected and deserves a good refresh and content review. There's a lot of gems locked away in DIY threads and elsewhere that deserve to be incorporated into the wiki and promoted.

The marketplace is important. For selling cars, vendors, and just part swaps. It'd be nice to marry Facebook marketplace and this section together, but my days of involvement with vBB are long gone (and the last "marketplace app" NSXPrime had ~5 years ago was awful).

As for monetization - there's quite a bit here to save. I just spent the last three weekends completing a header install, oil pan gasket change, ABS upgrade, and rubber brake line replacement... all dependent on my terrible intuition and NSXPrime doom scrolling at night before falling asleep.
Without the doom scrolling the car would be worse off.

I'm on my second NSX now. I sold my last one here, and thanks to occasionally lurking on Prime, I decided to get another to keep me sane through covid-19 (because I spend my day engineering planes and it made me think of how I could do that with a car). I'm willing to chip in, offer ideas, and even provide technical assistance to move things forward.

As for monetization, I have an idea that would avoid the brand trademark issue while supporting the community and site goals. Willing to share if an admin is interested. Would prefer not to suggest in an public setting.

Oh yeah, I never did get around to posting a picture.... 3rd go around... I must be crazy.

A couple of 1993's

S07yIDv.jpg

0KkdFUc.jpg

TSIqjbZ.jpg

Last edited:
[MENTION=13146]DrVolkl[/MENTION] a 300ZX? I LUSTED after those in high school in the 90's. If I wasn't such a NSX nut, I would restore one of those instead.

[MENTION=13146]DrVolkl[/MENTION] a 300ZX? I LUSTED after those in high school in the 90's. If I wasn't such a NSX nut, I would restore one of those instead.

It's cool in a a different way... and still really affordable to pick up, but that won't last. Who doesn't like T-Tops?! There's a million of em, so kinda like Prime, there's lots of resources and it's pretty easy to restore one. I've been working on that thing the past two years, I'm enjoying focusing on the NSX now, lots of parts on the way and again... thank goodness Prime is still here to look up all sorts of "how-to's" and what offset/width wheel etc etc topics.

Just (re)joined Prime after finally getting the NSX I'd been dreaming of for so long and can now finally afford. What a resource - agree the knowledge is hugely valuable, especially the archives to search and find someone else has already solved your problem! I just looked back through my google page history and I couldn't even count the number of NSXPrime pages I'd been to.

Paid membership to sell stuff seems reasonable but I have no idea about forum hosting costs etc. Just bought a paid membership to to put my money where my mouth is. Hoping also that that will get my "waiting to be moderated" posts released and that I haven't been flagged as some sort of troublemaker. Jeepforum.com was invauable to me with my Wrangler and I really hope NSXPrime is still around for the 20 years (at least) I'm planning to have my NSX.

Last edited:
After all these years using prime to diagnose problems, I cannot imagine not having prime throughout my ownership. The car is to stay, and I finally subscribed because of this thread.

Oh yeah, I never did get around to posting a picture.... 3rd go around... I must be crazy.

A couple of 1993's

S07yIDv.jpg

Do you have a side shot of the 300? That color looks stunning.

I mostly do a lot of reading and I'm willing to contribute to prime which is the nsx bible to me. I think nsxprime merch would be a good idea

Back