• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What else could I have bought for 55K?

993 Turbo might have you scratching your head, my favorite Porsche ever!:biggrin:

I prefer GT1 rear wheel mid-engine and faster than CGT to 190mph. New GT1 will be faster than Veyron.

Greetings

Go out and rent a Ferrari for a day -- there are places that specialize in doing this. This way you can drive it, run the crap out of it if you want, and not have the owner or a salesman in the car with you. I drove several Ferrari's but did not purchase any of them. I recommend doing this for any car that you are thinking about purchasing, whether it is a Honda Civic or a Testarossa.

Cheers,
Martin

I actually like the 512BBi much better than the Testarossa, but also a nice car.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the C6 Z06!!!! That is a great bang for your buck and can be picked up with low mileage for $55k, and it gets great gas mileage!

Yes, it's made by GM, but you gotta give credit where credit is due, that car is a beast and the additional styling cues that set it apart from the plain C6 are very attractive(IMHO). They always catch my eye when I see one on the road.

I hope to have one in my garage some day... :smile:

$55k is a lot of money in today's used car market and you can buy pretty much any nice sports car granted it's not a F360, F430, etc.... :)

If I had $55k to spend you could get:

1) E63 AMG (used)

rk

Can you Get an E63 for that low already????

Wow! Cool, you're an airplane guy! I love airplanes too, but you have to consider the cost of a hanger and maintenance on those planes. Wait, if 'oldnews' doesn't have his pilot license yet... it could add another $15k and lots of time studying.

I'm not sure.. but maybe he could get a Sport Pilot license (about half the price of a private pilot license?) .... would that be enough to fly those two you had linked to craig's list?

But in regards to the original post, I think 'oldnews' was referring to cars instead of planes. --I could be wrong?

--David

Last edited:
But in regards to the original post, I think 'oldnews' was referring to cars instead of planes. --I could be wrong?

--David

So. He didn't specify a CAR. :biggrin:

Repo'd houses are also game! :tongue: But they don't make very good toys.

need I say more LOL
DCP_6420.JPG

DCP_6427.JPG

I consider this often as I go through cars quite fast.

The only other cars that I think give the Sports Car Experience for under 55k are few...

C6 Z06 for sure!
Porsche Caymen (drives great and is tons of fun)
BMW M Coupe 06-08 (especially considering the ESS Superchager add on)
STI and EVO have huge Fun factor but don't look great and have bad turbo lag.

I have driven tons of cars looking for something that feels as good as the NSX any my search has come up short... So I still have my NSX coming on 2 years which is nuts for me!

Back