• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What else could I have bought for 55K?

So I've had my 2001 red NSX about 6 months, happy with it so far but wondering about an F car. And yes, I do like the pop-up's, I'm 41 yo and still think the 308/512 are the most beautiful cars ever made.

I paid 55K cash for mine, high market price but exactly the one I wanted.

So I've had my 2001 red NSX about 6 months, happy with it so far but wondering about an F car. And yes, I do like the pop-up's, I'm 41 yo and still think the 308/512 are the most beautiful cars ever made.

Boxster S
Porsche 911
M3
M5
C63

I'm 41 yo and still think the 308/512 are the most beautiful cars ever made.

Can I ask why you bought an NSX? Seems you are not quite happy.

You only live once. Go buy a 308.

I've always owned japanese sports-cars, starting with a 79' 280ZX. I love the 512BB but they are quite rare and go for a mint. I really do like the NSX, the 308 is just too unreliable and slow I guess.

I really do like the NSX, the 308 is just too unreliable and slow I guess.

Well, then, there you go. Problem solved. Now go drive your NSX at WOT and call it a day :cool:

55K can get you an F355.

And $10k-$15k in instant defered maintence:biggrin:Viper, 911, best supra's on the planet, Z06, M3/5, and Im sure of host of others:biggrin:

Or you could have gone completely wild and bought a...

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8

If you used some of the difference to purchase headers, exhaust, an induction kit and then be able to blow the doors off alot of the above mentioned cars!

Trust me there are some pretty scary SRT-8's lurking the streets of Dubai that "murder" anything that tries them - its hillarious! Its like a cult following here.:biggrin:

I've got one and to me its the perfect companion to the NSX - hauls friends, groceries, sporting equipment, sounds amazing, and is blisteringly fast!

1 Lamborghin Jalpa
2. Detomaso Panthera
3. Maserati Grandsport
4. Ferrari 308-328-348-355
5. Ferrari 456GTA
6. Ferrari F550 on one ebay for $60k high miles
7. Porsche Cayenne Turbo
8. 55K down on a Modena finance 35K

There are a lot of choices for many amazing used sports cars - please note that each car has different definition for low-high mileage. For instance, 30k is considered as high mileage for Ferrari and Aston Martin whereas it would be about 60k-70K+ for Porsche.

Porsche 911/993 C2s or C4s with moderate miles
Porsche 911/993 Twin Turbo with high miles
Porsche 911/996 Twin Turbo with moderate to high miles
Porsche Cayman S with low miles

Ferrari 355 with high miles (per Ferrari owners' standard)
Ferrari 348 with moderate to high miles

Aston Martin DB7 with moderate miles (per Aston Martin owners' standard)

Lotus Esprit with low miles (2002-2003 model year most likely)

Lotus Exige S with low miles

MB SL 500 with moderate miles

Maserati GRANSPORT with low to moderate miles (per Maserati owners' standard)

$55k is a lot of money in today's used car market and you can buy pretty much any nice sports car granted it's not a F360, F430, etc.... :)

If I had $55k to spend you could get:

1) E63 AMG (used)
2) Lexus IS-F (used)
3) e92 M3 (used)
4) C63 AMG (used)
5) Audi RS4

or in the sports car range:

1) 996 Turbo
2) 996 GT3 with higher miles
3) Lotus
4) 308/355 F-cars

But quite frankly none of those sports cars I listed would even make my heart race faster so if your budget is $55k for a sports car you got THE CAR in my opinion with the NSX.

All my other dream sports cars are over $100k ~ Audi R8 or the new Gallardo for example :)

rk

3 Smart cars with $$$ left to mod them
3 Honda Fits, or Toyota Yaris's with $$$ to mod them
1 Smart Car, 1 Honda Fit and 1 Toyota Yaris with $$$ to mod the 3 of them
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I go through similar mental exercises on a regular basis, but with me, my conclusion is that currently there is nothing out there for the $$$ that puts a smile on my face like the one I get when I look at and drive the NSX. If you don't have that feeling (key the Cadillac ad that asks when you turn your car on, does it return the favor), than it's time to move on.
:biggrin::cool::wink:

oldnews,

You, titaniumvtec, and I need to take a ride here soon to get these ridiculous thoughts out of your head. :tongue:

I'm down 321 in Lenoir City.

James and I took a ride last week and had some fun. :biggrin:

1 Lamborghin Jalpa
2. Detomaso Panthera
3. Maserati Grandsport
4. Ferrari 308-328-348-355
5. Ferrari 456GTA
6. Ferrari F550 on one ebay for $60k high miles
7. Porsche Cayenne Turbo
8. 55K down on a Modena finance 35K

excuse me, where can you find 360 modena for 90k? and F550 for 60k?

02+ NSX :biggrin: That's the only thing I can think of....

excuse me, where can you find 360 modena for 90k? and F550 for 60k?
A buddy of mine is looking at a 360 in new york listed for 89k plus the guy told him to make him an offer. Not sure how good it is though. Also....if you pay 55k for a 355 its not going to be a good one and wouldn't be a pleasurable experience. Not money wise anyway.

A buddy of mine is looking at a 360 in new york listed for 89k plus the guy told him to make him an offer. Not sure how good it is though. Also....if you pay 55k for a 355 its not going to be a good one and wouldn't be a pleasurable experience. Not money wise anyway.

Sounds too good to be true:wink:

I've been on a trip to Nashville with the wife in the NSX, a buddy wants to trade his me for his 993, I said thank-you but no. I'm still having fun with this one.:biggrin:

I've been on a trip to Nashville with the wife in the NSX, a buddy wants to trade his me for his 993, I said thank-you but no. I'm still having fun with this one.:biggrin:

993 Turbo might have you scratching your head, my favorite Porsche ever!:biggrin:

If it had been a turbo, then I might have considered, it is a nice car.

Back