• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What happened to my NSX?

I am finally getting around to installing my Cantrell GT bumper. The painter wanted it perfect so he disassembled the entire car for the paint. Since it is apart, I guess it is a good a time as any for a color change.

Here it is now:
11.JPG

10.JPG

Primed panels:
15.JPG

16.JPG

Here is a photoshop of the color it should be:
green2.jpg

Should be done in about a week, I will post finished pictures.

Cory

can't wait to see the results.

that looks like a monster-truck in the background. :biggrin:

Yeah, that is one of our trucks. The company I work for does F-650 conversions. That one just got it's door handles shaved. The funny part is that I don't even notice how huge they are anymore, but it is especially noticeable next to the NSX.

The painter disassembled the entire car just for a bumper?:confused:

Anyway, it should look nice. Keep us updated.

The painter does a lot of work for us and he said that the previous paint lines were not so good. I had painted a fender and bumper cover and it just wasn't as as smooth as he would have liked. He said the car was a breeze to disassemble.

OK, I have a couple of things that I am still up in the air on, maybe you guys could give your opinions.

Mirrors: black or green
Hood duct: all green or green with black scoop (as shown)
Headlights: smoked or clear
Side scoops: green surround with black centers (as shown) or black surround with black center

I feel like I am just splitting hairs now, but it's all in the details.

OK, I have a couple of things that I am still up in the air on, maybe you guys could give your opinions.

Mirrors: black or green
Hood duct: all green or green with black scoop (as shown)
Headlights: smoked or clear
Side scoops: green surround with black centers (as shown) or black surround with black center

I feel like I am just splitting hairs now, but it's all in the details.

I vote:
Mirrors black
Hood Duct black
Headlights smoked (is that what they call it when the shiny is black?)
Side scoops im not sure on but i would match it to the hood scoop, if you go black then do the vents the same, it painted them paint them too.

Are you really going with that color? If so i can't wait to see how it looks.

Are you going with pearl Verde Ithaca or flat? The pearl colors have so much more depth..my pearl giallo midas has much more depth than the flat...nice choice!

Have you considered Verde Ithaca green?

This gallardo is very similar to the paint scheme you're going with. Even the rims! Pleeeeaase do it if its not too late :biggrin:
img8112tq2.jpg

Awesome color......pure sex:biggrin:

Mirrors: black. It looks good on the lambo, I'm sure it'll look good on your nsx

Hood Scoop Unpainted: If your hood is Carbon fiber and you get a nsx-r spoiler
All of hood painted: If none of the above.

Headlights: Color match the inside similar to how the nsx-r is color matched white

Sidescoops: As pictured.

Pillars and Roof: Paint it all green please. When its one solid color it gives nsx's a much more modern look and will tie in perfectly with the ultra modern color choice too. And plus, I promise it'll look better and much cleaner in the long run.

Lamborghini Paint Code: LAM.*0077/2 Verde Ithaca Mic 2CT PPG*0077

Good luck!

Back