• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What Happens to Motorbike at 250km/h

Very very sobering... :(

------------------------------------

They were posted by one of the Swedish members of a Ducati Forum who went to a motor show there last weekend. The thing is that THIS IS NOT STAGED. It happened last year a few kilometres outside of Stockholm. This is a "cleaned up" version. The police cleaned it out and put it back together to show what CAN happen.

The Honda rider was traveling at "very high speed" and did not see the golf.
Swedish police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h when he hit the car. The car
had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car. This is a
graphic warning of what CAN happen if you turn it on and don´t have the
sense to turn it of. This demonstration was placed at the Stockholm
Motorcycle fair by the Swedish Police and Roadsafety department.

The Volkswagen flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from
where the collision took place. All three involved (two in car and rider)
where killed instantly. The MC-rider had a new license.

Attachments

• pic16519.jpg
    pic16519.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 364
  • pic22798.jpg
    pic22798.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 358
  • pic30303.jpg
    pic30303.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 366
  • pic31556.jpg
    pic31556.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 380
Similar accident happened to a friend of mine while we were in high school. He was driving about 130ish when a car pulled out in front of him at night. His body was cut in half. It was several hours before they found the top half hanging in the trees on the oppisite side of the intersection. :eek: :eek:

MarkB said:
There is such a thing as too much HP.
There is when you don't know your limits or have no experience. :eek:

steveny said:
Similar accident happened to a friend of mine while we were in high school. He was driving about 130ish when a car pulled out in front of him at night. His body was cut in half. It was several hours before they found the top half hanging in the trees on the oppisite side of the intersection. :eek: :eek:

Are you serious? :frown:

xxx said:
Are you serious? :frown:

Yep. :frown: He was a really cool person too. His crash was the beginning of a long string of wrecks with my circle of friends. Every single friend I had with a motorcycle crashed their bike and I sold mine before I had to take my turn.
Anyone here ever get a chance to ride a RZ350 or RZ500? Two stroke really peppy bikes.

Jeebus...

Well, it probably wasn't that he didn't see the Golf, the Golf didn't see him.

When people look up and see you at a distance, they assume you're closing on them at a normal rate. They don't expect it to be 3x normal. On long, straight roads like where someone would be doing 250kph, misjudging distance and closure rate is very easy.

I remember when I was 16 getting my permit - my dad telling me "you can have a bike when you are 18 and moving out of my house!"

I remember when I was 18 getting ready to move out my dad telling me "I changed my mind - you can have a bike when I am dead"

Thanks to my dad - we are both alive today!

I think of the dozens of dumb things I have done (or had done to me) on the road that I wouldn't have been able to avoid on a bike and wonder what would have happened to me.

As spidey always says "with great power - comes great responsibility"

Back