• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is CD-E01???

• Thread starter Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach
  • Start date
B

Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach

Hey Pals;
I had a house-size fire extinguisher in my trunk, it came loose and went off by itself, completely dusting the entire trunk. I vacuumed it out PRETTY thoroughly, and the CD player worked for a while, then it quit working and it says : CD-E01, it won't even eject the cartridge. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I had a CD player in my previous '91 that gave E-01 when a disc was stuck. Sometimes just tapping the player on one end would dislodge the disc and I could eject. I did have to take the player apart once though to get everything out. Maybe if you take it apart and give it a cleaning with alcohol?

S.L.

[This message has been edited by V12NSX (edited 02 May 2002).]

Try pushing/wiggling the cartridge in with your fingers, then push the eject button. It worked on a customer's car.

Originally posted by Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach:
Hey Pals;
I had a house-size fire extinguisher in my trunk, it came loose and went off by itself, completely dusting the entire trunk. I vacuumed it out PRETTY thoroughly, and the CD player worked for a while, then it quit working and it says : CD-E01, it won't even eject the cartridge. Any ideas?

Thanks!

------------------
acrmotorsports_1681_33419

www.acrmotorsports.com

Originally posted by Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach:
Hey Pals;

Thanks!
Mine did that when I first bought it and a guy at the audio installatio store can use a certain tool ( spatula like thing ) to dislodge it.

Use a thin metal ruler ( or something similar) and slide it in between the bottom of the CD cartridge and the changer. The cartridge release switch is just off center, but I can't remember if it is to the left or right of center. Once you have almost bottomed out, you will trigger the release switch. This will get the cartridge out, but it may not reset the CD.

Back