• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What parts/mods would you most like to see developed?

factory-spec CF mods from 2002 NSX-R
- taller rear wing
- rear valance
- lower rear diffuser
- front hood with scoop (prefer dual-scoop)

#################

curb feelers...

** and let's not forget THEM too **

for the "purists", how about a "91 update kit" to convert any later-model "improvement" back to the "good old" 1980s
- boat anchor 15/16 wheels
- interior lightener
- battlestar galactica exhaust tips
- passenger airbag deactivation (includes larger glove box, etc)
- A/C conversion back to R-12
- analog Motorola car phone, circa 1985
- OBD-I conversion kit
- all parts have "factory wear" consistent with age
- power steering delete kit -- this actually might be a useful option for newer cars
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 15 April 2002).]

Originally posted by cojones:
- boat anchor 15/16 wheels

It's ironic that people refer to them as such, when the tire/wheel combination weight is much lighter than most aftermarket wheels used on the NSX.

- interior lightener

Is this supposed to refer to weight, or to color? If it's supposed to refer to color (ivory vs tan), don't forget that there are panels (like behind the seats) that were black on the '91-93 cars that came in tan on the later cars.

Come to think of it, looking over this list, there's a lot to like about the early cars. Some of which contributed to their lighter weight...

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Come to think of it, looking over this list, there's a lot to like about the early cars.

I like my Battlestar Galactica exhaust tips!

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Come to think of it, looking over this list, there's a lot to like about the early cars. Some of which contributed to their lighter weight...
Agreed... the 91-94 coupes had less (marketing) concessions for comfort/convenience -- EPS, removable roof, etc, and were lighter and stiffer (hence probably faster) than the 95-96 3.0L cars.

Q: Would a 91-94 3.0L with JDM tranny be quicker than a 97 NSX-T 3.2L 6-speed ? Would the weight savings offset the 20 ponies ?

Q: Would a 91-94 3.0L with JDM tranny be quicker than a 97 NSX-T 3.2L 6-speed ? Would the weight savings offset the 20 ponies ?

Overall it would be very, very close - basically a wash. The short gears will drop 0-60 times by two tenths but 1/4 mile time by one tenth. That difference would approximately make up for the benefit of the extra 20 hp that is slightly greater than the detriment of the extra 200 or so pounds.

It's ironic that people refer to them as such, when the tire/wheel combination weight is much lighter than most aftermarket wheels used on the NSX.

I think it has more to do with their very low resale value... Sort of like referring to an old computer as a boat anchor or some smaller item which is worthless as a doorstop, bookend or paperweight.

Cybernation Motorsports.... I love this thread. One of our missions is to find and delivery products NSXers want.

We just signed on with several manufactures in Japan that have the ability to manufacture a good variety of performance products at our request.

Exhaust System:
If everyone can give input on what a dream NSX exhaust should be we can make it happen.

ECU Management System:
No problem

CAMS:
How about magnesium cams we can make it happen.

Aero parts:
Design it we can build it.

Light Race Rims:
We have a factory can make whatever rims we design.

Pistons:
11:1 already done

[This message has been edited by NSXGee (edited 15 April 2002).]

Regarding camber kits - FWIW, a manufacturer of such items told me that they typically look for sales of 2500-3000 pieces per year to justify development.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Any benefit from titanium valves?

Some kind of display that would report more accurate engine parameters such as: oil temp, coolant temp, fuel pressure, manifold pressure, intake air temp, etc. Also have the option for a wide band O2 sensor. And data logging. This would be used for those will modified engines (turbo & SC), for monitoring and also for tuning (who needs a dyno jet when you have a nice steep hill?).

Bryan Zublin

------------------
Zublin Engineering
http://www.zublin.com

Originally posted by BryanZublin:
Some kind of display that would report more accurate engine parameters such as: oil temp, coolant temp, fuel pressure, manifold pressure, intake air temp, etc. Also have the option for a wide band O2 sensor. And data logging. This would be used for those will modified engines (turbo & SC), for monitoring and also for tuning (who needs a dyno jet when you have a nice steep hill?).

Bryan,

Are these possible new additions to your Smart line of products?

RE: bigger OEM tires... I'm assuming they're now available in 215/40/17 and 255/40/17 now that the 2002 NSX uses those sizes.

RE: Data display system: The HKS CAMP system that scienceofspeed sells is along those same lines, but is rather spendy.

Very long first gear, and very close 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear for road course use.

My long-time argument in favor of stock gears with a 4.55 R&P. Of course, there's always room for improvement. And I've never run that setup (I've just theorized).

Other things I'd like to see:

Mid-level brake upgrade, something more than 97+, but in the $2000 window. fastbrakes.com is working on it, and I'm anxiously awaiting it.

High-quality, reasonably-priced sliding seat rails that will allow OEM or lower seating position for bottom-mount sport seats, and also rails for buckets, that will under-cut Taitec's prices.

High-quality steering wheel hub adapter that uses factory cable reel and costs less than Taitec. Another idea I had would be to find a wireless transmitter that one could place in the hub, and then wire the reciever into the steering column, providing a bunch (I'd think 8+) channels, including the factory ones, and some extras.

Aero parts: I'd love a 98-style JGTC front bumper, 2002 headlight conversion, vented hood that fits said headlights, stock fenders front and rear, JGTC-look sideskirts that fit stock fenders, big rear wing that's adjustable from good looks and acceptable mileage to good looks and mad silly downforce, front and rear undertrays, and a rear diffuser that looks good in a show sort of way (as opposed to the Taitec which looks good in a race sort of way), all with provable downforce improvements.

I certainly couldn't afford any of the aero parts in the next couple years, but the seat rails (for sport seats or buckets) and steering wheel hub are things I'd be very interested in right now.

But quality versus affordability is really the key. Things can always be had if you have enough money and want it badly enough, but bringing something to the wider audience of people who have some money, but not a lot, is key. Especially with early model NSXes falling in price to be in the realm of attainability for average folks who want a fast, sexy, customized car.

-Mike

[This message has been edited by grippgoat (edited 15 April 2002).]

Originally posted by grippgoat:
Especially with early model NSXes falling in price to be in the realm of attainability for average folks who want a fast, sexy, customized car.

They haven't been falling in price a whole lot, not more than a couple grand at most. However, as they accumulate mileage, there are more high-mileage cars available (albeit at prices that aren't all that different at prices that high-mileage cars were getting a few years ago).

How about affordable replacement leather seat "covers."

I guess not merely covers, but leather covers just like the OEM seats. Something that a upholstery shop could easily replace.

My seats are perfect but I'm thinking about a few years from now.

How about replacement sun visors while we're at it?

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I think it's worth noting that the original request was for aftermarket items that aren't currently available at any price. Some folks have used this thread to ask for items that are currently available, but want them at a lower price. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting that, but someone (I thought it was jimbo) rightly pointed out in another thread that many of the NSX parts are inevitably going to be more expensive than other cars due simply to the low production numbers of the NSX.

I think it's appropriate to hope for a small aftermarket piece when the only alternative is an entire assembly (e.g. the inexpensive window fix-it thingies instead of the entire regulator). But let's face it, you can get some of the above parts at your dealer or at a nice discount from one of the mail-order dealers, so IMHO it's not a big deal that you can't get an aftermarket sun visor, since you can get one from the dealer.

Curb feelers

Gold emblems

biggrin.gif

These are already available at your local Acura dealer.

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Originally posted by BryanZublin:

Bryan Zublin

That is called a STAC datalogging display. Go look at the Trophy car in the garage.
biggrin.gif

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Originally posted by NSXGOD:
That is called a STAC datalogging display. Go look at the Trophy car in the garage. :D

But it is not "plug & play" for the NSX. I'd like something that complements the existing NSX gauges, not replaces them.
Bryan

------------------
Zublin Engineering
http://www.zublin.com

a few more:
- extend "Smartenna" function to allow it to lower the antenna when a TAPE (cassette) is playing
- improve fuel lid latch release mechanism so that it works (could be as simple as a beefier hinge spring)
- enable 100K service/tune-up intervals on older C30 motors
- prewiring for SmartTire tire monitoring system (temp/pressure/etc)
- allow clock to also display outdoor air temp
- a stereo head unit mod to enable in-dash CD insertion (single-disc player OK)
- an improved version of TCS, one closer to Porsche PSM and yaw control; retain user-defeat-ability

Back