• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What parts/mods would you most like to see developed?

A SmartMP3 adapter which automatically routes audio from an mp3 jukebox into the OEM head unit.

A two-stage exhaust similar to an F355 that opens up when VTEC kicks in.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

[This message has been edited by Russ (edited 17 April 2002).]

Awesome queston!

I'd like to see:
1. Poly or Delrin Bushings
2. Aluminium door and bumper beams.
3. Camber kit
4. Brake duct system that attaches to the rotor.
5. True carbon fiber and fiberglass dash and console section, not an overlay.
6. Mid-level brake upgrade is a good idea. If it can fit in the 15 inch wheel would be even better.

Aluminum vs Steel?

It's not always an obvious savings.

In the case of certain parts - such as bumper or door beams the savings are not always significant.

Keep in mind that although aluminum weighs less for the same volume as steel, the aluminum part may need to be thicker or heavier to make up for the loss of strength.

Some of these new high-strength steel alloys are pretty remarkable and may even be lighter than the aluminum counterparts because you can use thinner cross-sections, etc.

Of course, there's always titanium (weighs similar to aluminum, but with the strength of steel) and carbon fiber.

It might be interesting for someone to offer carbon fiber structural components for various NSX parts (bumper beams, door beams, etc). They would have to be really engineered well, but at least you wouldn't need exotic, hard tooling to make them.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I would like a form fitting molded plastic "tub" that would fit in the left side of the trunk and allow the spare to be mounted. Anyone that wants to change their hood and still carry the spare, could use such a device. It should just keep the spare from ruining the carpet, moving around, and bouncing.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
That's true - Hans just picked up a set for $150 on eBay this week.

Ken,

It took me ten days to catch your post.
Do you have eyes in the back of your head?
Maybe you use a mobile internet to reply to the forum while driving your NSX!
wink.gif

My vote goes for trunk support pistons that last for more than 4-5 years.

p.s. Keep posting those . Posts and you'll be up to 10,000 in no time.

------------------
HCleb.

[This message has been edited by Hans (edited 25 April 2002).]

Hey, everyone! I don't know why anyone has not mentioned this, but HKS has a full progammable engine management system for the NSX. The HKS F-CON V PRO is avaialble for the NSX (you can even get the harness for it from Japan), it is a fully programmable system. You might want to check it out...it is used on all the race cars in Japan.

Originally posted by Accord-R:
Hey, everyone! I don't know why anyone has not mentioned this, but HKS has a full progammable engine management system for the NSX. The HKS F-CON V PRO is avaialble for the NSX (you can even get the harness for it from Japan), it is a fully programmable system. You might want to check it out...it is used on all the race cars in Japan.

AEM makes one that is a plug-in replacement for the ECU and is more versitile than the HKS system.

Good point Jimbo.

Amend my answer to include "lightweight" bumper and door beams. I think I remember reading on NSXFiles that he saved something like 90lbs. by using the aluminium beams.

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
Amend my answer to include "lightweight" bumper and door beams. I think I remember reading on NSXFiles that he saved something like 90lbs. by using the aluminium beams.
Aluminum replacements from NSX-R available from Cybernation -- weight savings on front bumper approx 20 lbs.

I'd like to see a $6000 turbo kit with high-quality fittings and piping, complete with everything needed to run 400 rwhp on full boost.

It seems like this is in the works by about 30 people!

400 is strong, doesn't seem to hurt anything on this engine and is easily Do-able.

I'm thinking 500 should be the target though. the engine does seem pretty stout.

David, was that 500 whp on a stock bottom end?

Back