• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What parts/mods would you most like to see developed?

sjs

Legendary Member
I don’t recall having seen one of these threads before and thought it would be interesting.

What functional parts/mods would you most like to see developed for the NSX and offered by an aftermarket vendor? I say functional because I’m not interested in appearance mods, although someone may want to start such a thread as well.

You might want to break it into two categories, small and relatively inexpensive parts, and major mods or expensive parts. Of course, they should be limited to things that are reasonable and at least theoretically possible. No sense asking for a $500 SC system or a way to shave off 1000 pounds and still have a civilized street car.

Make it a whole wish list if you have lots of ideas, but prioritize them. I don’t have my list yet, but at the top would be a tailor made ECU solution for a turbo system. Preferably a reprogrammed chip fed by the requisite additional sensors.

The small parts list would include a rear camber solution for lowered cars and a larger selection of truly lightweight wheels in appropriate sizes with room for big brakes.

How about a set of radical cams (the Comptech cams are good but relatively mild)

Something perhaps optimized for forced induction use which has the proper metallurgy to stand up for the long term - something apparently nobody in the NSX aftermarket has been able to duplicate yet.

Originally posted by NSXTC:
How about a set of radical cams (the Comptech cams are good but relatively mild)

If you want them for a normally aspirated car, I’ve heard that such a project is underway.

Something perhaps optimized for forced induction use which has the proper metallurgy to stand up for the long term - something apparently nobody in the NSX aftermarket has been able to duplicate yet. [/B]

If you mean cams here as well, I’m not aware of a metallurgy problem. What’s needed is a different profile from an NA engine because you need to reduce rather than increase overlap between intake and exhaust. The stock ones are relatively good thanks to the VTEC design, but I seem to recall that David mentioned others he was planning to use. If not, then I too would like to see turbo/SC cams at a reasonable price. The number of boosted cars may be getting high enough to be worth the effort.

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 13 April 2002).]

What functional parts/mods would you most like to see developed for the NSX and offered by an aftermarket vendor? I say functional because I’m not interested in appearance mods, although someone may want to start such a thread as well.

I would like to have someone develope a class one trailer hitch that would alow you to haul a small tire trailer for track tires.

Originally posted by Chuck:

A cup holder that could be inserted in place of the coin tray. Yoko OEM tires in bigger sizes to fit aftermarket rims. This way one could get the better look and keep the handling. A glass fog light kit that looks like the factory one, but costs half as much.

rear window wiper
lexan removable roof panel for T-top
adjustable rear wing
kill switch for air-bags

Curb feelers

Porthole windows in B pillars

Fake cloth top for the coupe

Gold emblems

biggrin.gif

- ceramic brake system that maxes out a 17/17 or 17/18 wheel setup
- fully-adjustable coilovers at a reasonable price (sub $1000)
- modular ECM/ECU system that allows convenient user-tunable settings to optimize for stock, I/H/E, forced induction, etc
- full array of color/interior combos (if you want red seats in a black car, you should be able to get it)
- door speakers that last more than 2 years
- a drop-in stereo head unit replacement that delivers 21st century features and performance (OK, I'll settle for 1995)
biggrin.gif

Doesnt AEM offer the EMS for an NSX? That wouldnt be using the stock ECU but it would be completely tunable for NA or FI.

I agree with some of the previously listed items.

Camber kit - this should not be a problem, should be relaitively easy to make

Affordable cams and sprockets - various setups, NA, forced induction etc

Wider selection of affordable aftermarket wheels that will clear the bigger brake kits w/out spacers.

I would think that in time these parts would come about, but maybe not since the car has been in production over 11 years.

Great thread, I am sure I can think of more later!

------------------
Jason

Camber kit, Yoko tires in larger/wider sizes.

Back