• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What preparations should I take before a long trip?

I move to Seattle (from Orange County, CA) on Friday! By my count, thats a 1400 mile trek. I had my oil changed about 1000 miles back, and I'm getting new tires put on this week, but what else should I check/change before this trip?

Thanks!

------------------
95 T bl/bl @ 39.6K
DC Headers
RM DTM Exhaust
CT Strut Tower Bar

I don't see the NSX as being any different from any other Japanese car.

Except for the tire wear, but you've already got that covered. Have a safe trip.

Aftermarket cupholder to hold your coffee. Like this one.

streetbeatcustoms_1646_928799

Come on Ken! My suggestion is clearly better. I mean, it's TypeR! I have one in my other car and I tell you, it adds 50 iHP. i stands for imaginary.
biggrin.gif

youll be fine, i did 3 trips from vegas to portland, oregon this summer, the nsx runs awesome, as you well know.
Originally posted by SigEpUCI:
I move to Seattle (from Orange County, CA) on Friday! By my count, thats a 1400 mile trek. I had my oil changed about 1000 miles back, and I'm getting new tires put on this week, but what else should I check/change before this trip?

Thanks!

My suggestion is clearly better. I mean, it's TypeR!

Which is better:

a) An item that says Type R used on a car that's not a Type R; or

b) An item with a vendor logo which copied the "R" from the Type R logo?

Hmmm...
biggrin.gif

Actually, it looks like both of those cup holders have the red Type "R" emblazoned on them....

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

with a trip of that duration, i'd check the board postings for tunes that people are listening to in their rides and make sure you've got some of their recommendations on board - especially The Beau Brummels, Queen, The Kinks and AC-DC.

safe trip.
hal

Originally posted by queenlives:

with a trip of that duration, i'd check the board postings for tunes that people are listening to in their rides and make sure you've got some of their recommendations on board - especially The Beau Brummels, Queen, The Kinks and AC-DC.

safe trip.
hal

Unfortunately, nobody shares my taste in music here. I prefer R&B, some underground Hip Hop, and 80's monster ballads (go figure). But fear not, my CD stacker is already stacked! BTW, what is the normal reading for coolant temp? My need is smack in the middle of the gauge. Is this a little high?

Originally posted by SigEpUCI:

Thanks!

Last year I took three up to Canada from Wichita, KS. The mileage was 1900 miles each way! I have to say that the NSX is one of the best and most comfortable long distance cars I have ever driven.

All I needed was oil and gas. No more attention than I would need to put into my Accord or Prelude.

Good luck and don't forget a cell phone, first aid kit, etc. (just in case).

Vic

if you get tired of the cd's and are around sacramento (+/- 2 hours), try;

100.5 - lighter modern rock w/some 80's
106.5 - heavier modern rock w/some 80's
98.5 - heavier classic rock
102.5 - hip hop + top 40
103.5 - hip hop + top 40
107.9 - top 40
92.5 - more mellow rock from 80 - present

Don't forget about the driver! You'll need to stay alert over the long haul. Some fatty, chewy, crunchy foods and assorted sugar/caffeine/sport drinks will help you keep the ol' sugar levels at optimum, and help you manage stress and energy levels. Chocolates such as M&Ms work for me. Also, make sure you take advantage of rest stops to walk around, to reduce the chance of blood clots. (Happened to a buddy traveling eight hours from Vermont to New York.)

Back