• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What this Zanardi worth?

36k, 1 owner car. No accidents. Has had front bumper (scraped on curbs, etc) and 1 side skirt (not sure why) replaced. Passed a PPI showing no accidents or any major issues other than the below. New clutch less than 1k ago.

Needs the following:

Timing Belt
Water Pump
30k / 45k maintenance (60k too?)
Fluids
4 wheels refinished
Mats
Alignment
Tires
Door dings removed
New front bumper (curb rash again!)
A good cleaning
Paint Reconditioning
Paint touch up

The car is in C condition. Maybe C-

Grade Description

A+ Perfect in every way. Like it just came out of a museum. Very low miles. Fully documented.
A Excellent condition across the board. Very well maintained, low miles. No deferred maintenance.
B Very good condition. Average to lower miles. Little or no deferred maintenance.
C Average condition and average to higher miles. Shows wear. May have some deferred maintenance.
D Below average condition and/or high to very high miles. Needs some attention. Shows considerable wear. Lack of maintenance.
F Very poor condition, needs serious attention and/or has serious issues
X Salvage and/or very major issues

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited:
No accidents but needs body parts & has had body parts replaced!? WTF? Just for kicks? This will hurt originality & always raise the question of how severely it was damaged, which makes it less desirable to future buyers since one can't tell for sure was the problem superficial or a serious crunch.

Based on your list I can't see more than mid-$40K ballpark. Which # Zanardi? People here would probably know more about the car & its past. And whether or not it has lived harder than your description. Got pics?

Last edited:
Well if it passes your inspection and you think it's worth what you're willing to pay for it, go for it. You don't find those for sale very often and if you do, they're usually pretty beat. If you want a Zanardi, you won't have many chances to buy one.

Its nothing that money thrown at it would not fix, thats for sure :biggrin:

I am seeing it tomorrow. I will let Prime in on it regardless of whether I pass or not. Sorry for the secrecy thus far!

I am seeing it tomorrow. I will let Prime in on it regardless of whether I pass or not. Sorry for the secrecy thus far!

We understand.:wink:

Take pictures so that we can see too! :)

That's pretty vague. Which one?

Either Zanardi #49 or #50...I cannot remember which one for sure, but I am pretty sure it was #49. I just remember it being for sale in California and being totally beaten. Duct tape holding the seats together, misaligned panels, and all sorts of stuff. Really a pretty sad car. Even at the $30k asking price, it was still overprices by well over $10k. :(

I say buy it if the price is right, side skirt is no big deal could easily be replaced.

Either Zanardi #49 or #50...I cannot remember which one for sure, but I am pretty sure it was #49. I just remember it being for sale in California and being totally beaten. Duct tape holding the seats together, misaligned panels, and all sorts of stuff. Really a pretty sad car. Even at the $30k asking price, it was still overprices by well over $10k. :(

I remember that one. I thought it was #24 though?:biggrin:

Back