• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's a good deal?

I'm really set on buying an Acura NSX. I have been loathing over pictures of them for the last year and finally have the funds to buy one. I am looking for a 1991 or 1992 for a good price. I was wondering what kind of price range I am looking at and also what kinds of questions or concerns I should have when trying to buy an older model.

Thanks ahead of time for any input

Mike Allentown, PA

A. Why do you want to buy a car you having been "loathing over"? I think you mean lusting over.

B. http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Pricing
(keep in mind this hasn't been updated in probably 2 yrs)
Look around in the wiki, new owners forum, & cars for sale forum to get a feel for pricing. Depreciation has pretty much flattened out for the earlier cars & prices may have actually climbed some for more desirable cars.

C. Read! All of your questions have been asked (& answered) 57,000 times over. Look around in new owners forum & owners forum. Also the wiki.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Main_Page

Last edited:
Welcome!:smile:

Absolutely #1 is maintenence records. Try to buy a car with full documentation.

For a super nice "A" condition 91-92 with average miles you should expect to pay in the low 30K's. Garage queens that have been well maintained seem to be fetching mid to upper 30k's. And of course you can find a high mileage with deferred maintenence car for around $25K.

Average miles for an NSX is 5000 a year.

Happy Hunting

It may help if you give us your approximate budget. Don't forget to factor in extras like shipping it, sales tax, insurance, & maybe even property tax depending on how bad it is where you live. Also, if the car you buy needs maintenance or repairs in the near future it could run into some unexpected bucks.

Budget would be around 30k give or take a couple thousand. I would prefer to get a more high mileage at a cheaper price, but I am open to options. How big is the interior meaning is there much room because I am about 6'6" or would this be too tight?

Last edited:
Budget would be around 30k give or take a couple thousand. I would prefer to get a more high mileage at a cheaper price, but I am open to options. How big is the interior meaning is there much room because I am about 6'6" or would this be too tight?

Better sit in one before you buy. There is a ton of leg room (I'm 6'2" and it's the only car where I don't have the seat all the way back) but limited on headroom. If I was 1/2" taller, I'd have to start considering some modifications to the seating to make it work.

If you do a search in new/prospective owners & owners forums the height/headroom thing has come up before. Search for "tall", "height", "headroom", you get the idea. Short answer is you are pushing it & would really have to sit in one to see. I'm 6'5" & leg room is good but headroom is very tight. No way I can fit with a helmet on. El searcho ( pic in post #2)

Assuming 2K lost for sales tax, plane tickets, & maybe shipping the car, your budget is ~$28-$29K which as stated earlier should get you a decent '91-'92.

Back