• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's the BEST wax

I've been researching about waxs and I can't decide what brand is good. I've been using Meguiar's. I want to try other waxes to see if there are any other great brands. I'm thinking of getting the Pinnacle wax or Griot's Best of Show Car Wax. Any wax brand suggestions you guys might have or tried? Give me some of your reviews of your waxs

I've been researching about waxs and I can't decide what brand is good. I've been using Meguiar's. I want to try other waxes to see if there are any other great brands. I'm thinking of getting the Pinnacle wax or Griot's Best of Show Car Wax. Any wax brand suggestions you guys might have or tried? Give me some of your reviews of your waxs

I just completed a 15 hour full-anal exterior detail (strip,clay bar. polish, wax X 2) of my Spay Yellow 2002. I used a Griot's random orbital buffer and all Griot's products and I was very impressed with the results! I have that foot-deep shine and no swirls at all.

I just completed a 15 hour full-anal exterior detail (strip,clay bar. polish, wax X 2) . . . and I was very impressed with the results! I have that foot-deep shine and no swirls at all.

See how easily a quote can be taken out of context?:biggrin::biggrin:

(Sorry, just playin' around. I'm already tired of the BS on TV. I hate election years.)

i like the collinite 845 for a basic wax,great stuff at a reasonable price, and will try the blackfire midnight sun for a high-end one after a detailer put it on my car with beautiful results

Zaino! or Zymol :smile:

I have been using Blackfire Wet Diamond for several years and really like it. I think it looks great on black, blue, and red cars so far. It is a sealant that proivdes a super slick wet look. I recently used the blackfire midnight sun wax on top of the wet diamond and liked that quite a bit. I started to use this product after reading numerious post on http://www.autopiaforums.com/

Menzerna for polishes/sealants and 1z glanz for actual wax

I'm using:
Meguiar's Ultimate wash and wax soap
Mother's clay bar
Meguiar's Ultimate polish
Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax (synthetic wax)
Mother's carnauba wax
*takes about about 4 hours to finish

Any detailing product suggestions? I really want my car to look show car quality :smile:

I just completed a 15 hour full-anal exterior detail (strip,clay bar. polish, wax X 2) of my Spay Yellow 2002. I used a Griot's random orbital buffer and all Griot's products and I was very impressed with the results! I have that foot-deep shine and no swirls at all.
I'm also very impressed with Griot's products

I'm using:
Meguiar's Ultimate wash and wax soap
Mother's clay bar
Meguiar's Ultimate polish
Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax (synthetic wax)
Mother's carnauba wax
*takes about about 4 hours to finish

Any detailing product suggestions? I really want my car to look show car quality :smile:

If you are using an orbital buffer or by hand I would sugest the meguiars ultimate compound before the polish to remove the deeper swirl marks. In my experience the ultimiate polish "deepens" the look of the paint after compound and really dosent do much without compounding.

I would also look into a higher end wax than the meguiars.

griots best of show wax is great for the price ($25).

That's what I was thinking too, but I was afraid that the compound would bee to strong and damage the paint. Okay, the next time I do a full detail, I'll try applying the ultimate compound. I agree, I should use higher end wax instead of Meguiar's. I might go for Griot's, Adam's, Pinnacle, or Blackfire Midnight Sun. I've heard a lot of great reviews on these waxes, but I can't decide what's best hahahah

I've had fantastic results with a Chemical Guys EZ-Creme glaze, followed by the Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant when applied with a PC 7424 dual action orbital.

A quick and simple guide that I have referenced a few times is http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/ That site offers quite a few helpful pointers and they deliver products very quickly. Using Autopia though, you can drown in all the detailing jargon and argument. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've had fantastic results with a Chemical Guys EZ-Creme glaze, followed by the Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant when applied with a PC 7424 dual action orbital.

A quick and simple guide that I have referenced a few times is http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/ That site offers quite a few helpful pointers and they deliver products very quickly. Using Autopia though, you can drown in all the detailing jargon and argument. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the website! It has a lot of good information that I never knew

Back