• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's the cost of TB, WP, Tension.., Valve Adj, D-belts, S-plugs and misc seals

I don't know if this is repeated discussion. I apologize if it is.
Is $2600 fair or in the range? I got a quote of $2600 before tax from Buerkle Acura for timing belt, Tensioner, water pump, valve adjustment, drive belts,
spark plugs and misc seals for valve covers and plugs replacements.

Also additional $800 if I want cam seals and crank seal replacement.

So looking at $3400 of total if I want all those replacement.

Am I in the range or over priced..

01 nsx
Thanks..

I paid $850.00 just in labor. I had collected parts over the last few years so I would'nt get slammed all at once so I cant give you an accurate parts cost. Maybe $1000/1200.00 range? If the rear main is'nt leaking leave it be. That requires trans. removal. Cam seals require camshaft removal if I remember correctly. Of course I'm sure the dealer is charging you list on all those parts.

Last edited:
I spent $2600 for everything you just stated plus I had to get a stud replace off the hub because it had sawed in half (which by itself is an hour worth of work when you use a press to press out the stud). So...all in, $2600. But...I didn't go to the dealer; Shad is our local NSX guru, so he did all the work. Where are you located?

Up here in the northern midwest we are kinda screwed for this type of stuff. John @ Acura of Brookfield (near Milwaukee) quoted me 1700 for this service for everything you just listed. I just called Buerkle Acura today for a quote on the same thing, which they said they would get to me tomorrow. Obviously they are insanely overpriced compared to what people on the coastal regions are paying if this is what they are coming back with.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I just pulled the service records from my cars previous owner who lived in Cali. Same service, including a whole slew of seals (crank, cams, thermostat, etc)

$1448 installed (the $450 was labor on a clutch install) Thats not labor only, thats parts & labor. Sure, this was in 2005, but still

Just because we live in MN, doesnt mean we bring our own sand and bend over. Dont pay $3400 for this!

Last edited:
2005?

Ten years ago dealership labor rates around here were in the $60 / hr range. Now they are up in the $100 /hr range. Those are Cdn $; but, the point is that there has been significant inflation between 2005 and 2015.

Thats fair, I also forgot to mention that this included a clutch replacement (labor only, clutch was purchased from SOS). Minus the clutch install it was $1448. The labor only for this service including all the seals was $525. If you want to double the labor cost for inflation and add another $525, then you are still below the 2K mark.

Regardless, I was just quoted $1700 for this from Acura of Brookfield. That was just last week. It would be one thing if Buerkle was a couple hundred more, but $1700 more?

Thats fair, I also forgot to mention that this included a clutch replacement (labor only, clutch was purchased from SOS). Minus the clutch install it was $1448. The labor only for this service including all the seals was $525. If you want to double the labor cost for inflation and add another $525, then you are still below the 2K mark. Regardless, I was just quoted $1700 for this from Acura of Brookfield. That was just last week. It would be one thing if Buerkle was a couple hundred more, but $1700 more?
Get a quote from Full blown. You won't be disapointed in their service. It's truly the only shop I trust with any of my fun cars.

I got a quote of $2600 before tax from Buerkle Acura for timing belt, Tensioner, water pump, valve adjustment, drive belts,
spark plugs and misc seals for valve covers and plugs replacements.
Also additional $800 if I want cam seals and crank seal replacement.
So looking at $3400 of total if I want all those replacement.

I just got off the phone with them. They quoted me $3000 for above, but also were going to do a transmission & motor oil change, and brake fluid flush, & air filter since I asked them for a quote on the '90K service' which is supposed to be done every 90K OR six years, which ever comes first.

Get a quote from Full blown. You won't be disapointed in their service. It's truly the only shop I trust with any of my fun cars.

I tried to get a quote from Full Blown. I called yesterday morning. They said they would have a quote for me by the end of the day. I still havent heard from them.

I tried to get a quote from Full Blown. I called yesterday morning. They said they would have a quote for me by the end of the day. I still havent heard from them.
I'm sorry to hear that. I would try and call again. If you can't get thru let me know and I can swing thru and ask for you. It's their crazy busy season. Or if you have time stop in there just to check out thier facility and take a tour and meet the team. Will be worth it alone.

I understand they are busy, but its not very confidence inspiring when they don't bother to get back to you with a quote. They have such mixed reviews as well. Some people swear by them and or/have given them good reviews, others say to stay far away and/or have given them horrible reviews.

I understand they are busy, but its not very confidence inspiring when they don't bother to get back to you with a quote. They have such mixed reviews as well. Some people swear by them and or/have given them good reviews, others say to stay far away and/or have given them horrible reviews.
I know for a fact myself and my group of friends go to no one else but them. Triet takes his cars to them as well. Hope all turns out well for ya

Back