• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

I submitted a brief description and history of the NSX to the parade committee, but the commentators did not get it. You can tell that the commentators were looking at the parade entrant listing and talked about late entrants, but could not find us, so the female commentator began to wing it. I did have a sign on each door of the lead NSX that I was driving stating it was an Acura NSX made from 1991 to 2005. The parade crowd was much larger at various other parts of the route. Where this video was taken was not reflective of the several thousand people that watched the parade, and we were a big hit, We received a lot of applauds, which is an honor, and a ton of pics and vids were taken of our group. However, I still heard a lot of older and middle aged people in the crowd say "Wow I always that that cars was a Corvette" o r" Is the NSX a special Ferrari-Acura joint venture?" All of the younger people in the crow new that we were driving NSX"s and many of them gave us the VTech hand sign LOL

Thanks for sharing, I hope to join you in the future years.

Pulled up to the restaurant to drop off my wife, one guy says "wow those are rare, you hardly ever see an original on the road anymore...", " the other guy says, yeah, I love classic Ferraris!".

Eyewashed.jpg

Nothing said; but I get a lot of Corvettes driving in the opposite direction, signaling/acknowledging until they get closer and realize its not a Vette...then the gesture tends to fade.

Last edited:
Nothing said; but I get a lot of Corvette driving in the opposite direction, signaling/acknowledging until they get closer and realize its not a Vette...then the gesture tends to fade.

I considered getting the vanity plate "NOTA C5" for that very same reason. It is fun to what their expression change though.

Nothing said; but I get a lot of Corvettes driving in the opposite direction, signaling/acknowledging until they get closer and realize its not a Vette...then the gesture tends to fade.

I thought I was the only one.

The guy at the smog / emissions check station in Phoenix was utterly clueless today. He had three whammies in a row.

As I'm pulling into the bay to put the car on the dyno rollers:

"It's all wheel drive, right?"

Then:

"Put it in park and shut the motor off." (my car is a 5-speed)

Then:

"Go ahead and open up the hood," (as he's motioning to the front of the car)

I replied, "Do you want to see the engine or the spare tire?"

Seriously I was face palming in my head. Good news, the car passed smog at 109k with flying colors.

img_3534.jpg]

I stopped at the little place I go to buy freshly roasted coffee in the bean. As I was getting out a well-kept maybe mid-50's woman was coming out. She said "I like your car". I thanked her and said that it is old like the rest of us. (a 1991 in Berlina Black) She smiled and said "Got that right", climbed into her SUV and drove out.

Last edited:
A cop pulled me over and asked to look under my hood.
I convinced him my car was electric and it ran directly off battery power. :)
Just to be sure, he asked me to pop the trunk.
It still cracks me up!

Was at the auto parts store getting my battery tested. The counter guy was at my hood connecting the tester and loved the car.

A older gentleman came by and said nice corvette!!! The tech said this is an Acura NSX, its better than a vette.

The older guy looked at me to ask if it was an Acura and when I told him it was, he proceeded to look at the back where it said NSX.

He then came up to me and said, Nice Vette.

Guess he figured this was a kit car.

Was at the auto parts store getting my battery tested. The counter guy was at my hood connecting the tester and loved the car.

A older gentleman came by and said nice corvette!!! The tech said this is an Acura NSX, its better than a vette.

The older guy looked at me to ask if it was an Acura and when I told him it was, he proceeded to look at the back where it said NSX.

He then came up to me and said, Nice Vette.

Guess he figured this was a kit car.

Well, he's sort of right, isn't he? It is, after all, a Prelude with a body kit.

I was gassing up at Costco on Saturday and asked for premium (we don't have many self serve stations in OR), the attendant asked if my car was a diesel.

All I could think to say was, "No, it's electric".

.and you should do it............

Back