• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what's the official name of the fixed-headlight 02+ NSX?

Na2

Webby,

NA1 and NA2 refer to engine codes. Mine is a NA1 (3.0L). Phoen$x has a NA2 (or two) (3.2L). However, a 1999 & a 2004 automatic are NA1 cars (as are all automatics since they all have the 3.0L in them).

I think the majority of us just refer to them as 02+.

How is that Viper treating you?

I dropped my car off at Woodfield today. I'm thinking I'll pick it up Thursday or Friday morning. You free for a coffee or something?

Bugeye.

Viva la popups!

:p

I believe the official name is the googly eye version.

LOL, that's not nice! :biggrin:

dog.jpg

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/JT14-vlfFLr0Q8QuNBXTCA"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/JT14-vlfFLr0Q8QuNBXTCA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Webby,

NA1 and NA2 refer to engine codes. Mine is a NA1 (3.0L). Phoen$x has a NA2 (or two) (3.2L). However, a 1999 & a 2004 automatic are NA1 cars (as are all automatics since they all have the 3.0L in them).

I think the majority of us just refer to them as 02+.

How is that Viper treating you?

I dropped my car off at Woodfield today. I'm thinking I'll pick it up Thursday or Friday morning. You free for a coffee or something?

Weekday morning might be more difficult (if it's in Schaumburg) but I'll do my best. I think you have my # right? Viper is good... hard to believe I've already had it a month!

Webby,

Webby, what kind of service you having done? I'm in the Chicago area as well, is Woodfield Acura the place to go?

1991-2005 auto = NA1 3.0L

1991-1996 manual = NA1 3.0L

1997-2005 manual = NA2 3.2L

2002-2005 = bubble eyes

1991-2001 refresh = change headlights to the 02+ version and side skirts, and rear lower valance and rear taillights-

Webby,

Got out an hour late the other morning and was pressed for time when I grabbed my car. Sorry, I'll let you know next time I'm in the city!

Webby, what kind of service you having done? I'm in the Chicago area as well, is Woodfield Acura the place to go?

Tango,

It was me having work done. TB/WP, valve adjustment, etc. The "Major Service" for NSX. Yes, Woodfield is the place to go. I was turned on to them by other forum members....they have an actual NSX Tech there. Nice guy. In fact, was pleased with the entire experience. I recommend them whole hardheartedly. They aren't the cheapest...even compared to other Acura dealers...but I am confident that Ted knows exactly what he is doing when he works on my car.

/rjp

The "official" names are:

NA1 means the car has a 3.0L engine and 5-speed manual or 4-speed auto. It can either have the pop-ups or fixed headlights and covers all years 1991-2005.

NA2 means the car has a 3.2L engine and a 6-speed manual. It can either have the pop-ups or fixed headlights and covers the years 1997-2005.

The "unoffical" names are:

Coupe means the car has a fixed roof and can refer to 1991-1994 NA1 models, a very small number of 1997-2001 NA2 models, and the 1999 Zanardi special edition.

Targa means the car has a removable T-top and can refer to 1995-2005 NA1 and NA2 models.

02+ means the car has the "refreshed" body with fixed headlights and can refer to 2002-2005 NA1 and NA2 models.

HTH

Back