• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what's wrong woth my stereo? please?

Hi!
this has probably come up a billion times on prime, but i tried a search and i couldn't find a thread/sollution on this symptoms.
i'll try to explain;
my stereo works in every mode, both radio, casette, and the CD-changer.
although i have installed a Ipod interface instead of the CD-changer now, the issue was present before i did this.
SO... the sound is very nice at low volumes. like in 1/6 give or take.
but fron 1/4 and up, the sound goes very bad. no popping, og static-sound, but sounds like blown speakers.
the speakers is fine, i have checked them, and anyway, the same sound comes from all speakers, and i believe also the woofer (not 100% sure yet). what is the issue here?? is the main unit faulty, or is the amps in all speakers finished? i had stereo-problems on my previous NSX, and this one popped like hell out of nowhere, and suddenly worked fine a day or two, and then a serious ear-bleeding static noise before it shut down. it's nothing like that now. anyone have a clue? :redface:

I had all of my 3 amps rebuilt, and the sound was still not good as the sound got louder and more bass. My radio/stereo head unit was going out. I borrowed a head unit from an 95 and it now works like new and the sound is awesome.

Brian K rebuilt all my amps and CCU. His pricing beats all with fast turn around.

ok, here's the case... i took the advice on the amps.
ordered a set of repaired amps from SOS on exchange-program.
got them yesterday, and today i've replaced them all.
high on expectation i fired up the stereo, and the sound is exactly the same as before.
the thing that bugs me now, is that the ones i took out looked brand new, and had a BOSE sticker with date 23/07/07.
wich means that previous owner probably put in brand new ones in 2007, wich haven't failed, and the ones i put in now looks old, but is repaired by SOS. what to do?
soooo.... the sound problem then, is it the stereo-head that have the issue then?

AWESOME!!!! today I replaced the stereo-head. i Have a friend who installed a 2-din Screen in his NSX, so i knew he had a headunit in the shelf. a little bonus is that this is from a European NSX, so it stands "HONDA-Bose" instead og "Acura-Bose" and i noticed that this one had written both RDS and DOLBY on the front, but the original one didn't.
anywho... new amps, and this new/used head made the sound simply perfect!
actually the OEM stereo sound VERY good for being 20 years old.
i've had two NSX's before this one, but neither had proparly working stereos, so this is just big fun! :D:D

Back