• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Repair references?

I have some 97+ style NSX wheels that need refinishing. I have found loads of places, but I seek some references from those of you who have used these companies.

First is Wheel America in Dallas, TX they charge $109/wheel + shipping

Second is wheel Technologies in Carrolton, TX they charge $110/wheel shipping included.

Then third is local for me in Atlanta called The Wheel Wizard. They charge $140/wheel.

Another is Rim Pro in Tewksbury, Mass they charge $150/wheel + shipping

so i am looking at between $440 and $650 to fix 4 wheels. I am less concerned about the cost and most concerned about getting the best result and the longest lasting finish. So if anyone has recommendations, and personal experience with any of the folks, please let me know.

BTW: I am looking for one front (16X7) 97+ style wheel. Damaged is fine.

Tom Croly

Tom,

Hey, how are you? I have seen the work from Rim-Pro, it is excellent. You should drop a note to Rich Hutte in NH. Go to www.nsxuppereast.com , or e-mail him at [email protected] He had his wheels done there, and I saw then a year ago or so at LimeRock. Beautiful job. Since it's a year later I am sure Rich can attest to how the finish has held up after this long.

HTH,
LarryB

Mike --

Fosters does not have machinery to replicate the factory machine polish.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Tom,

Have you asked your dealer service department where they send wheels out when a customer's car is damaged, and what their experience has been?

I think there are advantages to using a place that's local, if there is one that gives satisfactory results. If there are any problems - either immediately, or in the future - it is much easier and more convenient to resolve them in person.

Also, you might be able to negotiate with the Wheel Wizard (or any other local place) to meet a competitor's prices, especially if they're going to be doing four wheels for you.

You could also try Wheel collision in Bath,PA. They have a web site www.wheelcollision.com. I sent my MOMO's up and they did an excellent job repairing the lips.
Charles

[This message has been edited by chudson1549 (edited 06 February 2002).]

Everyone I know likes Wheel Collision Center. Unfortunately I had poor results on a set of 3-piece wheels I sent there for repainting. They offered to make it right at no cost, which I certainly appreciate, but I was out more than lunch money for the extra shipping.

Everyone makes mistakes and I hear so many good things about WCS that I continue to refer people there myself simply because nobody in my area does a good job on wheels. In fact I would probably use them again myself - even the best make mistakes and since their reputation is so good I'd be more than willing to give them a second chance.

But IMO the advice nsxtasy gives is good - if you can find a good local shop, you won't have any potential issues with having to eat the shipping to get an honest mistake fixed.

About your wheel repair information. Nalley Acura in Marietta popped a curb with a rear wheel on my '97 NSX and had it repaired. It is flawless. If you are still needing references, I'll call my service advisor and get the org that did the work, because I would highly recommend them. (They're local and it took 2 days.)

Larry, Tom C.,

Miled had RimPro do his Zanardi Wheels a lighter silver color. They look great! As to my own experience with Rim Pro. My wheels have held up three seasons with zero wear.

Rim Pro does the repair work for numerous Acura dealers in the NH and MA, including Sunnyside.

They may cost more but the quality of the service is top notch. My personal experience was they held up one of wheels because it was not up to stanards. I got to see the the imperfection, before they refinished it. It was a minor blemish that I would never have noticed.

Good guys too!! I am not on the payroll, maybe I should be.

But I can strongly recommend these guys. What's a few more bucks when the job is done right the first time?

Back