• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Spacers - necessary?

Just had the dealer told me that my
wheels need spacers and that they are
missing... I purchased these tires
through this site pre-owned and
installed on a previous 91 NSX...

Called the previous owner and he
says the dealer is wrong.... the
tires are 17 x 7.5 front / 17 x 9.5 rear
with I think 215/40 fr / 255/40 rr...

Who's right???

Easy way to tell... put them on the car, if the inner spoke surface contacts the caliper, you need spacers. The size of wheels/tires wont tell you that.

-- C

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
Easy way to tell... put them on the car, if the inner spoke surface contacts the caliper, you need spacers. The size of wheels/tires wont tell you that.

-- C

Thanks for the info.. if I do need spacers... where would I get them??

How much do the wheels need to be spaced out? If you need spacers, make sure you get hubcentric spacers, so the shear load is not transferred to the lug nuts. Dali racing sells them if you end up needing them. H&R also makes them, but the 5mm version is only a spacer(no hubcentric ring).

if I do need spacers... where would I get them??

Click here to see a previous thread answering this question.

YES!!!!

My first post to be referenced by The Forum Nazi!

Anyways, my left front spacer is on and the right one is being put on tommorow. Be aware that the H&R Spacer requires a bunch of labor to install, about $200 per side from my dealer here in Atlanta. I had 2 bad lug nuts on the right, that's why I had to wait to get things put on. I will be taking pictures and posting of how things are after the install.

- Sam

Back