• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Studs

Kind of reviving an old thread. Got my car back and running and for those who don't know, it is a low compression high boost setup with 580+RWHP and 460 torque. I was driving slowly on an on ramp when I heard a clunk and felt the left rear fall. I slowly stopped and expected to see the broken shaft, but instead, saw that my car was resting on the left rear tire. All 5 wheel studs were snapped. Got the car towed home and then checked the other side, another wheel stud was broken. Ordered ARP studs, will install and then post before and after. Check your wheel lug nut torque and periodically, check to make sure that all of your lug nuts are there.

Kind of reviving an old thread. Got my car back and running and for those who don't know, it is a low compression high boost setup with 580+RWHP and 460 torque. I was driving slowly on an on ramp when I heard a clunk and felt the left rear fall. I slowly stopped and expected to see the broken shaft, but instead, saw that my car was resting on the left rear tire. All 5 wheel studs were snapped. Got the car towed home and then checked the other side, another wheel stud was broken. Ordered ARP studs, will install and then post before and after. Check your wheel lug nut torque and periodically, check to make sure that all of your lug nuts are there.

Sorry to hear about the damage... Hopefully it can be managed financially. I have ARP studs on my table and this is impetus to get them installed! :eek:

Back