• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I saw a tweet from Elon Musk today complaining that he couldn't get a Type-S. Not sure if it was fake tho.

Amazing price for sure - this might be a $1M car before year end at this rate!

Very shocking for sure, we knew the car was going to command top dollar in the future but not so quickly....this would out price even the coveted 992 GT3 pricing :)

I would be shocked if the NSX-S ever sees 500k. I can say for almost certain, that I don't think it will ever depreciate though.

agree there is a small window of peak pricing which I think will last for about another year..then fade as more competitors in the hybrid category come on line

Type S Sale

Crown Dodge in Ventura, CA. I haven't confirmed this myself, but it's what's being passed in our FB group.

Considering an earlier sale @ 279K I think and 1 on cars.com for 315K, 400K seems a bit much, I would have to think about 400K, at that price, maybe sell & wait to see if Chevrolet does build a hybrid C8.

Considering an earlier sale @ 279K I think and 1 on cars.com for 315K, 400K seems a bit much, I would have to think about 400K, at that price, maybe sell & wait to see if Chevrolet does build a hybrid C8.

Supposedly, all the cars listed are getting multiple offers, and the 315k car has raised it's price 2x in the past 3 days. I'm shocked it isn't sold already, or it may be in a bidding war like a Gotham Grey that isn't posted anywhere. Either way, prices are increasing because the demand is so high.

Weren’t the biggest fans

I’m surprised he couldn’t get her sideways because Chris Harris could in the non-typeS

I wonder if they drove it in track mode and VSA completely off. In Track mode VSA is still active just threshold higher.

To completely disable correctly:
Press and hold VSA button. It is tricky as first singe beep is stuck vehicle assist. Need hold and wait until hearing 2 more beep. Then the car should be able to drift freely.

I suspect they didn't know, and a lot of owners may not know. I didn't know either until reading owners manual carefully.

Apparently, Acura test drivers can drift freely. There are a bunch of videos which they performed insane drift with Thermal Orange and Long Beach Blue Pearl non-S NC1. Even the NSX-S promotion video they performed epic drifts.

I wonder if they drove it in track mode and VSA completely off. In Track mode VSA is still active just threshold higher.

To completely disable correctly:
Press and hold VSA button. It is tricky as first singe beep is stuck vehicle assist. Need hold and wait until hearing 2 more beep. Then the car should be able to drift freely.

I suspect they didn't know, and a lot of owners may not know. I didn't know either until reading owners manual carefully.

Apparently, Acura test drivers can drift freely. There are a bunch of videos which they performed insane drift with Thermal Orange and Long Beach Blue Pearl non-S NC1. Even the NSX-S promotion video they performed epic drifts.

100% they didn't have VSA Disabled. Agree it's tricky and not like most cars to disable. Another disappointing review.

You think they would have tried to figure that out after all the cars they review. Disappointing review.. I bet if they knew how to turn VSA off that they would have had a completely different view on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyways good to know, I posted a reply to inform viewers.
Thanks !

11:58 He simply put it in track mode. To do it right to his liking, he need to have this message on the dash

Attachments

• 8C7CE3F8-99EB-4640-B2E7-9EDDA4FB96BA.jpg
    8C7CE3F8-99EB-4640-B2E7-9EDDA4FB96BA.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 261
IIRC, Keiichi Tsuchiya disabled everything and claimed the SH-AWD system was still interfering with his attempts to drift the car... It was an early NC1.

IIRC, Keiichi Tsuchiya disabled everything and claimed the SH-AWD system was still interfering with his attempts to drift the car... It was an early NC1.

Was it the hot version one where he drove the blue 17? What is odd is VSA appears to be on when he drove it :confused:, even when sub title says VSA off. The dash sub screen in the video did not indicate VSA was off unless 17 is different. It is a confusing process to turn it off.

Right off I noticed that they say the car has the CF exterior package but it does not--makes me wonder what else they are lying about, um, I mean WRONG about in their listing. Then asking $210k for a car that was, at best, $170k when brand new? Finally, I see the cheesy yellow seat belts and wonder what other "enhancements" the first owner made...

Right off I noticed that they say the car has the CF exterior package but it does not--makes me wonder what else they are lying about, um, I mean WRONG about in their listing. Then asking $210k for a car that was, at best, $170k when brand new? Finally, I see the cheesy yellow seat belts and wonder what other "enhancements" the first owner made...
Seems like honest mistake imo. The orange seat belts looks good as well matches the body. Really really sharp looking Thermal Orange, the color really made it look a lot more exotic than traditional white, black, silver, red NC1s. Asking price is very high just like many other cars on market. They usually sell for a lot less than ask.

This is quite a crazy inflated market, C8 Z06 $100k over MSRP, GT4 RS $150k over, 992 GT3 $130k over, 992 TTS $100k over, F8 Tributo $120k over, etc. When I picked up the Taycan Turbo S in Jan 7th of 2021, I was offered 992 TTS at MSRP. Didn't take it and huge mistake it was.

I have friends that orders anything they can get their hands on at MSRP with multiple brands, for example multiple Urus, car will arrive at dealer and immediately sell back to dealer at decent profit. They just doing this as hobby and generate $500k to million plus profit.

Last edited:
Here are two videos of what happens when VSA is completely off, also indicates on their screens. On 2017 and 2018 car nonetheless. There are nice drifts in both video as well. I did not know how to turn VSA off until my 3rd NC1 or 5 years later. On the FB group surprisingly most owners doesn't know either. I talked to one most well known NC1 owner in community I know of for years and he didn't know either. VSA off should had been a simple one step process.

19+ has changes that while minor that made a huge difference in handling and shaved 2 sec off Suzuka circuit.

Randy Pobst talked about oversteer. His screen verified VSA is off, 3:50:
https://youtu.be/dwD-WeY6Ivs

4:20 into video Matt Farah show exactly how to turn VSA completely off then into drift mode:

https://youtu.be/znEBhO3Is3Y

Last edited:
You think they would have tried to figure that out after all the cars they review. Disappointing review.. I bet if they knew how to turn VSA off that they would have had a completely different view on the car.

They responded saying they did have vsa off, but in the b-roll was not recorded. Not sure how true this is ? Since it was not coming directly from throttle house.

Type S review

A lot of people write articles about the Gen 2 NSX, but know little or nothing about it, probably the same the for Gen 1 years ago. As was said in the Forest Gump movie - Stupid is a Stupid does.

Back