• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are the $80,000-90,000 2017 NSXs?

In the past, there was some speculation that when the 2017 models reached three years old and some of them at the end of their 36 month lease, prices on the used market would be well below 100K.

What happened?

It seems most asking prices are still well above $100k.

I was hoping to scoop one up on the cheap but it doesn't seem to be playing out as I had hoped.

I think we have to wait till march/april to see what the Manheim hammer prices are. The retail price is a more complex equation.

Just like every other performance car, the covid has caused a brief uptick in the resale prices of most cars. I haven’t seen many NSXs hit the Manhiem auctions yet, so I’m going to assume many people bought them off the lease.

But don’t worry, the prices will come down.

Just like every other performance car, the covid has caused a brief uptick in the resale prices of most cars. I haven’t seen many NSXs hit the Manhiem auctions yet, so I’m going to assume many people bought them off the lease.

But don’t worry, the prices will come down.

That is a good point I hope we will get some clarity as to lessee buy back rates...

The first 2017 NC1 leases were in 2016, and those have been long returned, I assume. I don’t think retail prices will come down as much or as fast as many think they will. They haven’t, so far. Maybe that will change in the near future, but until then, uses NC1s seem to be $110’s-120’s cars.

Which seems crazy when you can get a new one for $140K (the $20K incentive is still in place, correct?).

At the end of they day it’s still a Honda and will hold value well despite being a slow seller. Will be interesting to see what the prices do when the C8 and high po variants become readily available which may not be for another couple of years...

MC

Which seems crazy when you can get a new one for $140K (the $20K incentive is still in place, correct?).

I think you can still get the incentive and if not, it’ll likely be back. I was awaiting used values to drop more than they have, but it looks like if I decide to do this, I’ll end up buying new. All I really need is XM and the power seats, ie a low-spec car, and so I can probably realistically order that for the $130’s.

The first 2017 NC1 leases were in 2016, and those have been long returned, I assume. I don’t think retail prices will come down as much or as fast as many think they will. They haven’t, so far. Maybe that will change in the near future, but until then, uses NC1s seem to be $110’s-120’s cars.
yes, we sold our first one in sept 2016. it is now with its 2nd owner.

From gmauthority.com a month ago:

GM managed to build a total of 20,368 examples of the 2020 Corvette this year, despite significant setbacks brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. Of those, 16,787 were coupes, while 3,581 were convertibles. Production numbers for the Corvette Convertible should be higher for the 2021 model year due to pandemic related delays and the fact that the Chevy only started producing the convertible version later in the year.

They also said production is steady at 186 per day.

In my almost three years of owning mine I’ve only seen one other on the road. And one at the local cars and coffee (when we could gather). I think more people are figuring out the NSX is an incredible car for the price.

yes, we sold our first one in sept 2016. it is now with its 2nd owner.

do you have any data on lessees buying the car after lease or just turn it in and move on...

thank you for your experience..

My $0.02.

Have your money in hand and be on the lookout for a deal and jump on it.

I got mine off a lease return, there were other interested buyers, but they couldn't get the financing because it was a "used" car, requiring a significant down.

The guy leased two, he turned it in after 6 months and kept the other one.

Car had 600 miles on it when I got it.

I figure the lease must have cost the guy about $30-40k.

Damaged? You are being generous. It was written off and resurrected.

OP wanted a $90k one, he didn't specify a non wreck/repaired one.

Last edited:

That's kind of my point. The 2017s seem to be bringing more money than I would expect.

Oh well, I have been wrong so many times I have lost count.

As a point of reference I traded my 2018 NSX with 5200 miles I early Dec. I had tried to trade it in a year earlier and was given the same price now that I was offered a year ago. I was 28 months into a 36 month lease. The dealer listed it for 3k less than the price my lease was based on. It sold in less than 3 weeks. The dealer (Aston/McLaren ) was thrilled to get it and said they are quite hot right now. Nice to see the car is finally starting to be appreciated. To this point the precipitous drop in values on lease return, many predicted has not materialized.

As RYU mentioned with such low production all it takes is a small uptick in demand.

most people always forget that most of the NSX ordered are equipped with lots of options that yields to a higher MSRP $$$. $140K can be had without many option installed.

You might see a decrease in price on 17's when the warranty runs out in 2022.

However, if HONDA comes up with a good warranty extension program, the used ones will retain value.

You might see a decrease in price on 17's when the warranty runs out in 2022.

However, if HONDA comes up with a good warranty extension program, the used ones will retain value.

I tend to agree with you here. Due to the low production numbers and steadily increasing positive press, I think the car will bottom around $100k and then start to slowly go back up. The sub-90k cars will be the basket cases: lots of short term owners (kids who really couldn't afford it), accident/salvage, heavily modded and rode hard, etc. This is feeling a lot like the NA2 progression.

Back