• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are the $80,000-90,000 2017 NSXs?

The specs and what makes the fancy versions of the C8 go will be interesting. Unfortunately, you have to look at it and in my opinion it’s not an attractive car. The NSX is in a different league.

Having owned a C5 Z06 (modified to heck) and a CTS-V (modified to hell!) I enjoyed both, but did not enjoy the depreciation, although I never buy a car as an "investment".

Also, I did enjoy working on my own car(s), however, with the NSX I don't (no lift!).

The NSX is way ahead as far as build quality, GM stamps their stuff out like cookies.

Having owned a C5 Z06 (modified to heck) and a CTS-V (modified to hell!) I enjoyed both, but did not enjoy the depreciation, although I never buy a car as an "investment".

Also, I did enjoy working on my own car(s), however, with the NSX I don't (no lift!).

The NSX is way ahead as far as build quality, GM stamps their stuff out like cookies.
I still have a lift, etc. but will let the dealer do stuff for now. So easy with the dealer 15 min away - and a fun drive there and back!

And sure the C8 folks will, or already have tons of mods to play with. Good for them, part of the fun.

I do wish Acura would slip out a tune to bump our already respectable output to something a bit more funky.

Last edited:
The Texas market has been seeing quite a bit of buying activity lately.

Since I Mod the NSXoTX (NSX Owners of Texas) page on FB, I get a
pretty accurate idea of how many Gen2's are being purchased between
Dallas, Houston & Austin. Just from July 2020, I've had a total of 26
Gen2 Owners join. Just the past 2 months I've met & seen 7 New Gen2's
/ Owners at meet ups here in Dallas.

Indeed they all stated the same thing, prices have begun to go back up
due to the limited amount of available Gen2's out there for what they
thought were good deals. The best buying story I found was an Owner
that purchased his back in September, a 2017 Lease Return 130R White
in Houston with 14K miles and no Options / steel rotors for $114K

I know of 3 people currently ready to purchase Gen2's just looking for
the right deal. People are definitely realizing that this limited production
car is a great deal all around. I don't foresee any Gen2 NSX hitting below
$100K Unless there has been either an accident or really high mileage on it.

Last edited:
Droptopp, Thanks for posting the warranty info, very useful..... I've never been a warranty guy, but this car makes me a bit nervous. Part of the reason I bought the car was for the "implied" reliability. My issue is that I can't make myself drive the car more. only 5K miles on my 3 year old 17'..... I will likely never get to 80K miles. My driving issue is more out of fear of parking than driving, accidents, breakdowns, etc.... But maybe if I have a warranty, then drive the snot out of it and forget about depreciation. Life has an expiration date, and every day, we get closer to it.... Can't drive it when you're dead>

Probably need to start another thread, but how many miles have you driven?? The highest I've seen is 80K miles....
There's a car out there with way way more miles than 80k with zero issues. I think extended warranty is a total waste of $ for a Honda product.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

There's a car out there with way way more miles than 80k with zero issues. I think extended warranty is a total waste of $ for a Honda product.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

A factory extended warranty comes in handy if you plan on keeping a complicated vehicle like the NSX for a shorter length of time, and then selling it and moving on to the next flavour of the day. Most people would pay extra for the peace of mind when picking up a used vehicle with factory warranty, compared top one with none remaining.

I tend to agree with you here. Due to the low production numbers and steadily increasing positive press, I think the car will bottom around $100k and then start to slowly go back up. The sub-90k cars will be the basket cases: lots of short term owners (kids who really couldn't afford it), accident/salvage, heavily modded and rode hard, etc. This is feeling a lot like the NA2 progression.

Here is a 2017 NC1 under 100K. Lots of miles on her, but apparently no accidents. Only cars I have seen near 100k have been in accidents.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...ampleListingsViewDetailsCTA#listing=292842731

Pretty clean looking car in pics - base car but atleast it has CCB, but what the heck is MWX on the brakes ?

Last edited:
In looking at what is for sale, it seems like the 2017's etc are generally holding at 120K to 140K, mostly depending on mileage and options. There also seems to be more and more positive reviews on this car as being very under appreciated for all that it is and what it has to offer. With very low production numbers, I suspect the prices have hit near bottom and should hold and maybe even strengthen. In any event, the more I drive this car and the more I know about it I am extremely comfortable with my decision to own it --- yes I miss my 2000, but have the experience of enjoying the driving and ownership experience of it, and life moves on!

Just like every other performance car, the covid has caused a brief uptick in the resale prices of most cars. I haven’t seen many NSXs hit the Manhiem auctions yet, so I’m going to assume many people bought them off the lease.

But don’t worry, the prices will come down.

I didn't expect to see you in here after your predictions (wishes?) for the NC1 platform haven't come true. Keep up the good fight and maybe, just maybe, one day all of your chicken little prognostications will finally come true!

I didn't expect to see you in here after your predictions (wishes?) for the NC1 platform haven't come true. Keep up the good fight and maybe, just maybe, one day all of your chicken little prognostications will finally come true!

Well with less than stellar new car sales for the NC1, I don't have to wish for anything.

I have been watching this car since it was listed. Did you note that the other day the moderators decided to remove a bunch of posters who were just trashing the car and not adding relevant information. It would appear that there are folks out there that see their life's work as saying bad things about the NC1? Go figure.... The auction is currently at $121k with 3 days remaining. There is a new unregistered 2020 Corvette from Corvette Mike that is currently at $82.5k with 3 days remaining.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, cluck, cluck, cluck.......

Several comments:

1. I would personally be reluctant to buy a 3-4 year old "new" car. Unuse can be tough on a car, especially seals and batteries, and I'd be particularly concerned about the Li battery.

2. BAT seems to be all the rage lately to sell a car. They do a GREAT job of presenting the cars and vetting the cars that make it to their auctions, and likely the cars are made to look better than they actually are. I do not really have much faith in the auction business..... I have been around enough auctions to know that there is a lot of deceit, shills, dealer/seller buy backs, hidden reserves, etc. It's buyer beware..... Looking at the BAT auctions, I have a hard time believing all the prices. Just too many high prices. It is hard to believe sometimes that there is this much wealth in this country. BAT claims that they do not allow owners or friends of owners to bid up car prices, but I'm sure there are ways around that..... At least, the cars are not supposedly allowed to be listed for auction a second time.

3. I bought my 17' NSX knowing full well that I was going to be faced with a depreciation hit. ALL cars depreciate, with a few exceptions I'm sure, but decided that life is short and I took the plunge. I am actually quite surprised at how well the prices have held up. Regardless of the reason for low production, it does help prop up the prices. I doubt many owners are in a financial position that they'd have to sell at a loss to pay the mortgage.... Although we'll see where the coutry is a year from now.

4. I also think that over time, as the hatred and jealously has subsided, that people are now able to see how unique the car is after making judgments on their own. The car is not for everyone, but just right for me. I've had a great experience with mine thus far..... Just hope I don't get a broken windshield!

Last edited:
+1 it’s getting many more positive reviews from drivers of other cars in its class.

What’s up with the windshield replacement ? Hard to get ?

I'm with you, [MENTION=34364]nsx878[/MENTION]. I looked at used NSX's, or new ones that had been sitting on dealer lots for a long time. In the end, there was nothing out there that offered a significant enough discount for me to accept non-optimal feature sets/colors and the very real unknown that comes from buying almost any used car. I'm *so super freaking happy* that I bought new because I was able to outfit the car exactly the way I wanted it AND I was able to take my wife to the once-in-a-lifetime NSX Insider Experience in Ohio. While I'm happy used car prices seem to be holding up nicely, this is a car we intend to own for a long time so I don't really care about resale value. And I *know* it's just a car, but the thing puts a smile on my face every time I see it, let alone get in the driver's seat and go out for a drive.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: while the NSX isn't the perfect car for everyone, it's just fine for me and my wife. We fell in love with the design and the engineering; the more we learned about what went into it, the more it called to us.

Acura is not the right brand for people who want to show off or brag, or whose own sense of self-worth depends on other people's opinions. But for those who are secure with themselves, and who can admire a product without bias, Acura (and the NSX in particular) is a very smart choice.

I'm with you, [MENTION=34364]nsx878[/MENTION]. And I *know* it's just a car, but the thing puts a smile on my face every time I see it, let alone get in the driver's seat and go out for a drive.

This right here is the big secret of the NSX, Gen 1 or Gen2. Some people get it, others never will.

Well the auction ended for the 2017 NSX. With a MSRP of $189,300, the car had under 400 miles. It just closed at $146,000! Go figure. Sorry to those of you who prayed it would bomb. Perhaps if you are in the market for the NC1, you might consider not delaying your purchase on the assumption that the prices are crashing.

Definitely ended better than I thought it would...and that’s good news!

Back