• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where can I get this front light cover protection?

NRG

Experienced Member
Can you point me where I can get this?

I don't see it at SOS website.

rmsp2.JPG

I do not have any personal experience with these covers but there have been past comments made about the potential for trapped moisture behind the lense.

I like the "Look" of these covers.
I have seen them in clear and smoked colors.
NOT cheap!

But-
If moisture is truly evident it would drive me crazy!
My tail lights need to be resealed and I hate to see the small amount of moisture behind them.
With these turn signal cover lenses I think it would be even more visable.

IMO I would not install them.

Team,

The ones shown are the Mugen Blinker Lense Covers on my car. Though they are spendy, they add so much to the look of the car they are well worth it.

As for moisture behind the lens, if I pressure wash the car with them on a little water will get behind them, but they come off very easily (20 seconds tops) so you can wipe them down. They have gaskets around the edge that seal quite well so rainy day driving is no problem. I normally take them off before washing.

Read the Mods page on my site about how to mount them quick and hole free!

-Ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

I like your site! I just bookmark it.

nsxbuilder said:
Team,

The ones shown are the Mugen Blinker Lense Covers on my car. Though they are spendy, they add so much to the look of the car they are well worth it.

As for moisture behind the lens, if I pressure wash the car with them on a little water will get behind them, but they come off very easily (20 seconds tops) so you can wipe them down. They have gaskets around the edge that seal quite well so rainy day driving is no problem. I normally take them off before washing.

Read the Mods page on my site about how to mount them quick and hole free!

-Ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

Someone needs to put a similar product into production. How hard can it be to make a template, heat up a piece of plexiglass, and bend it to the right proportions.

Agreed:

Its a good looking peice, we need more, the price is outrageous, I did not know there were tinted ones, and I want a clear one.

Can we make this the official update thread?

nsxbuilder said:
2nr,

What 'smoke ones' are you refering to? What cost, post some pics, lets get with the program here!

Also, I talked to Scott at King and he's checking Japan for any stock Mugen may have left there and will get back with me as soon as he knows.

-Ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

Easy now Ed, you want product I have product. Here are the pics and cost is $160 + Shipping.

Attachments

• Winker lenses.jpg
    Winker lenses.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 198
Why aren't the plastic peices curved?

Back