• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where do Houston NSXs get their alignment?

I'm lowering the car another 1/2" and would like to know where you guys are taking your NSXs to get the alignment done.

I searched Prime and saw that some people recommended Southwest Alignment on Richmond, but that was a thread from 2007. Do they still do good alignment jobs? Are there new shops that are more experienced with NSXs and alignments? Is there a specific alignment setting that I should be asking for? I know Honda made a few changes to the alignment settings so which one is the best one to do?

Thank you guys for your help.

I had Sterling McCall Acura do my 97. Changed the alignment to the original 91 settings. The NSX tech there was thorough and I had him for or balance the car with my weight.

sw alignment does good work but will charge you that "your vehicle is special" price without telling you upfront. it's an extra 20, but personally I just hate it with passion when a shop does it.
From what I was told in the s2000 community, curt from ccs (davidf post) is the guy to go to.

FWIW, Curt doesn't have a shop full of techs like dealerships. He has 1, maybe 2 techs. He has a lot of repeat Lexus/Porsche customers. He did a spectacular job on my Evap replacement {big job}. Your not treated like a number. He came recommended to me by Matt_337. If Matt recommends, you can take it to the bank.
sw alignment does good work but will charge you that "your vehicle is special" price without telling you upfront. it's an extra 20, but personally I just hate it with passion when a shop does it.
From what I was told in the s2000 community, curt from ccs (davidf post) is the guy to go to.

Last edited:
So I called SABS based on Carl's recommendation, but their alignment machine was broken at the time.

Called Tyler (aka: Caroline-NSX) and went to EVS Motors on 12320 Bellaire.
Tyler scheduled my alignment, showed me everything he was doing, explained some things about the NSX that I didn't know and overall took great care of my car and answered all my questions. It was also nice to see a Ferrari 599 leaving the alignment rack right as I was scheduled for mine. EVS does good work and Tyler, being an NSX owner himself does know a lot about these cars and has practically tried every look on his own NSXs.

So for Houston NSX owners needing an alignment, there is one more option with EVS motors, and that's who I'll be using in the future. Thanks again for setting my NSX straight Tyler!

So I called SABS based on Carl's recommendation, but their alignment machine was broken at the time.

Called Tyler (aka: Caroline-NSX) and went to EVS Motors on 12320 Bellaire.
Tyler scheduled my alignment, showed me everything he was doing, explained some things about the NSX that I didn't know and overall took great care of my car and answered all my questions. It was also nice to see a Ferrari 599 leaving the alignment rack right as I was scheduled for mine. EVS does good work and Tyler, being an NSX owner himself does know a lot about these cars and has practically tried every look on his own NSXs.

So for Houston NSX owners needing an alignment, there is one more option with EVS motors, and that's who I'll be using in the future. Thanks again for setting my NSX straight Tyler!

Glad to help another prime member. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work on your car. Clean NSX you have there. If there is anything else you need that I can help just give me a call. :wink:

BUMP for 2016 - anyone have any new experience with the above shops mentioned in the thread?
I tried calling C&C, but number is disconnected? Are they still in business?

TIA

Back