• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where there 1992 NSX Type-S with auto transmission pls?

Hi, I am about to purchase an NSX with auto-transmission and at the back it says it is a Type S, but am not sure if this is just a badge or an actual Type S. Can you kindly guide me on what would be the differences/extras that a Type S would have please? I did see an engine mesh but am not sure if its aftermarket. Is there anything in the VIN number that indicates this pls? tnx

Pretty sure the Type S didn’t start till 1997 so that’s a dead give away. Auto NSX sell for substantially less. So make sure you do your homework on values. Post some pictures of what you are looking at and I’m sure people could help you out. Vin# would tell you a lot as well.

The Recaro seats are a good give away and original ones are $$$$. Try and search for some photos of "NSX Type S seats". Door cards are alcantara too and color matched with the seats. If you see leather door cards that's not a Type S..
Also I doubt the high end sporty models would have an auto transmission, for starters that would mean NA1 chassis code while the Type S was NA2 only.

Hi, I am about to purchase an NSX with auto-transmission and at the back it says it is a Type S, but am not sure if this is just a badge or an actual Type S. Can you kindly guide me on what would be the differences/extras that a Type S would have please? I did see an engine mesh but am not sure if its aftermarket. Is there anything in the VIN number that indicates this pls? tnx
No such thing as a 1992 Type S. They started in 1997 and none were autos.

HaHa that guy was realz and came to WGI for a track day way back when Prime was great...

Back