• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to Fix Bent Rims in LA Area?

unfortunately, my dumbass didn't see the big ass pothole last night and i bent my new rims already! arghhhhhhhh. my alignment is off as well... sigh... i'll be going to darin for the alignment this friday.

anyone know a good and quick place to fix the small dent on rims in LA area??? the dent is very slight, but i would like to get this fix in one day without having to leave it overnight. can anyone recommend a good place near downtown LA or close by? Thanks!

Re: Where to Fix Bent Rims in LA Area???

o wow. thanks for the quick response bro! i will hit them up tommorrow. have u been to them before?

I have heard nothing but GREAT things about Tru-Wheel. Definitely give them a ring.

thanks! do u think it won't matter if i get alignment first before getting the rim fixed? it's a very slight dent that doesn't affect the drive. just an aesthetic problem...

I recommend:
Performance Wheel Repair
929 Fairway Dr.
Walnut ,CA 91789
www.performancewheelrepair.com
909 534-8672
Ask for Marco, the owner.

I had a wheel fixed here and I must say the work and price was great. Good luck.

I recommend:
Performance Wheel Repair
929 Fairway Dr.
Walnut ,CA 91789
www.performancewheelrepair.com
909 534-8672
Ask for Marco, the owner.

I had a wheel fixed here and I must say the work and price was great. Good luck.

Performance Wheel Repair is the place to go!!!! The Wheel Supply outsources their repair to them, right next door if I remember right too. I've recommended quite a few friends there.

just called both places. tru-wheel will charge me $120 to $150 and it'll take 2 to 3 days. Marco is charging me $60 and it'll take 1.5 hours... i think i should go with Marco this time...

Performance Wheel Repair is the place to go!!!! The Wheel Supply outsources their repair to them, right next door if I remember right too. I've recommended quite a few friends there.

I was one that went based on your recommendation and I was very pleased with the work. :biggrin: Thanks Eric!

o wow. thanks for the quick response bro! i will hit them up tommorrow. have u been to them before?

More times than I care to admit.....

I had cracks and my wheels are discontinued.

After bogus repair info from another vendor (not mentioned here) and subsequent blowout on the freeway, I went to Tru-Wheel. Perhaps they were a little busy. I've had 1 day turn-around both visits (1. to repair 2 cracks, 2. to repair the third they told me would eventually show up). All 3 were supposedly repaired by the first vendor.... NOT !!!

Good luck on your repairs and gentlemen .... take care of those wheels.
Bubble speed bumps at Griffith Park started my blues.

I was one that went based on your recommendation and I was very pleased with the work. :biggrin: Thanks Eric!

Oh man.... Time flies JC!! I totally forgot I recommended you there!

I have some baadd news about my RL:frown:.... i'll give you a call later this week.

just called both places. tru-wheel will charge me $120 to $150 and it'll take 2 to 3 days. Marco is charging me $60 and it'll take 1.5 hours... i think i should go with Marco this time...

How did the repair go? Have a set of used wheels that I'd like to polish back up. Clear coat is a little fading.

TWS is so OG. Saw Albert's GT3 awhile back, that thing was insane. :smile:

Taking out a dent isn't that difficult. I am just curious if he can ensure that the wheel is round and true, which required special equipments.

just dropped off my gtv's to Marco. he said it can be fixed! let's see how it turns out...

i just picked up my messed up rim FIXED from Marco at Perfomance Wheels. I have to say, they did a great job fixing it. I thought i was doomed and needed to order again from Japan, but he got it done. of course, the rim was chipped off pretty good, so he did the best he can to fix it. to the naked eye, you can't tell, but if u feel the part that got damaged, u can sorta feel the little indent. no biggie. i'm happy for $80 a fix. oh and it's re-polished to that original finish. it's like magic. haha. i would definitely recommend him to anyone. great price. quick turnaround. and if u need other type of hook-up, just ask him. pics coming soon.

i just picked up my messed up rim FIXED from Marco at Perfomance Wheels. I have to say, they did a great job fixing it. I thought i was doomed and needed to order again from Japan, but he got it done. of course, the rim was chipped off pretty good, so he did the best he can to fix it. to the naked eye, you can't tell, but if u feel the part that got damaged, u can sorta feel the little indent. no biggie. i'm happy for $80 a fix. oh and it's re-polished to that original finish. it's like magic. haha. i would definitely recommend him to anyone. great price. quick turnaround. and if u need other type of hook-up, just ask him. pics coming soon.

Good to know your wheel is fixed.

Was it warped or bent before? Did you spin the wheel on the balance machine to ensure that the wheel is round and true?

Good to know your wheel is fixed.

Was it warped or bent before? Did you spin the wheel on the balance machine to ensure that the wheel is round and true?

the middle part of the wheel was not warped. he did spin the wheel on the balance machine and it was fine, that's why he decided to fix it. if it was warped, then i woulda been s.o.l. i'm happy with the work, considering the damage.

Back